ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Council tax benefit: Second Adult Rebate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yipee

ILR- Council tax benefit: Second Adult Rebate

Post by yipee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Hello all,

I just realised that back in 2007, when my wife joined me here in the UK, I forgot to cancel my Second Adult Rebate for council tax. It continued for about 5-6 months until we moved to a new house, new county.

Is UKBA diggiing the graves for these things on ILR? Scared now. :(

Thanks very much

rajathwp

Same Case

Post by rajathwp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 pm

I did the same mistake and went to Council Paid all amount in one Day. I reckon you should do the same thing.

Hope and Pray it doesn't have any adverse impact on ILR as i believe once you paid the amount it must not matter and Single Person Discount is not related to Public Funds ... I will search on Google to be firm ...

When is your ILR due ... Mine is in March 2011... Ta

nksg

Re: ILR- Council tax benefit: Second Adult Rebate

Post by nksg » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 am

is it still a concern? :twisted:
yipee wrote:Hello all,

I just realised that back in 2007, when my wife joined me here in the UK, I forgot to cancel my Second Adult Rebate for council tax. It continued for about 5-6 months until we moved to a new house, new county.

Is UKBA diggiing the graves for these things on ILR? Scared now. :(

Thanks very much

rajathwp

Not Sure to be Honest

Post by rajathwp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 pm

I have checked but i am not 100% sure weather - Getting Single Person discount is a concern.

Second- After paying the discount amount to Council is it still a concern or NOT.

Cheers