ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contact for INIS - WCATT -----HELP!!-----

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d9562591
Newly Registered

Contact for INIS - WCATT -----HELP!!-----

Post by d9562591 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:51 am

hi All

Has anyone any experience of contacting INIS for WCATT applications, I made my applications and now I need to make a trip and need my passport. they still have not return it to me yet. is there anyway to contact them? they are not answering the phone. thanks all,

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm

WCATT section have their helpline on thursdays. i think it's option 3 and then option 5. you can try them tomorrow between 10 and 12.30pm.
if you are unsuccessful, you may try ringing the receptionist and asking to transfer you to WCATT section, mention your urgent need for the passport.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Contact for INIS - WCATT -----HELP!!-----

Post by Aceform » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm

d9562591 wrote:hi All

Has anyone any experience of contacting INIS for WCATT applications, I made my applications and now I need to make a trip and need my passport. they still have not return it to me yet. is there anyway to contact them? they are not answering the phone. thanks all,
I'd suggest you to just call down to their office personally and explain your situation.

INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Hopefully you can comeback with your passport and if you are lucky with the WCATT stamp.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 am

how long have you been waiting for?

according to inis if you ask to return your passport before they reach a decision you application will be considered as withdrawal.

if you can wait i would suggest you to make your travel plans after you receive the stamp., but i am not sure how urgent is it for you to travel.

good luck.

d9562591
Newly Registered

Post by d9562591 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

hi All,

unfortunately I had to get my passport and my application has been withdrawn!!!! I need to travel next week!!

I went to the INIS office today, after a scare as no one was answering the phone and the message was saying please write to them at the burgh quay address.
I was very lucky because I happen to see a lady coming out from the re-entry visa section and I ask for her help, she went upstairs to get a colleague of hers to come down to me. They both were very nice to me! but I cannot apply now until next year :( he explain how the new rule would apply to me :(
It was very nice of them to actually speak to me but not enough time to process my application. I am grateful that they at least were able to give me my passport when I am there.....well goes, I just need to wait for another year...hopefully they dont change the rule again by this time next year!

chira
Newly Registered

Help me to get a time line

Post by chira » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 am

I'm having the same prob. I sent my application on 4th nov and they got it on 5th. I have tickets to travel on the 29th and to date I have got no result. I sent a letter yeasterday explaining hopefully they will look in to it. When did you send your application? Please let me know because I'm in Cork and will have to drive up next week if it takes longer to collect my passport.