ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irjinao

Post by irjinao » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Guys

I wonder if you could help me with this. I got my ILR in July 2010, I was hoping to apply for British Citizenship in July 2011, but I recently got my credit report and it says that I have got a Default. Apparently, i had the same Default when I applied for ILR, but I just did not know it at the time.

I do not have any CCJ or Repossessions, just one Default.
Would this lead to refusal of my BC application?
I had a look at BC application and there is no question as such with regards of Defaults.
I have not had any criminal or driving offences, not even a point on my driving licence and I do not have any CCJ either.

I wonder if you could help me

Thank you

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Defaults are something that are between you and the company concerned. Defaults are not court orders. No need to worry. Just apply in the usual manner.

irjinao

Post by irjinao » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:04 am

thanks. do you know why some people say in this forum that it does matter and it leads to refusal as if one has got a default that it means that you fail on good character requirement.

on the application form you are not even asked about defaults, there is one criminal offences and one for CCJ

Thanks

BJ21

Re: Default

Post by BJ21 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:06 am

irjinao wrote:Hi Guys

I wonder if you could help me with this. I got my ILR in July 2010, I was hoping to apply for British Citizenship in July 2011, but I recently got my credit report and it says that I have got a Default. Apparently, i had the same Default when I applied for ILR, but I just did not know it at the time.

I do not have any CCJ or Repossessions, just one Default.
Would this lead to refusal of my BC application?
I had a look at BC application and there is no question as such with regards of Defaults.
I have not had any criminal or driving offences, not even a point on my driving licence and I do not have any CCJ either.

I wonder if you could help me

Thank you

hi

Please read through the following topic

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3633

or

http://www.lifeintheuk.org/mod/forum/di ... ?d=413#151