ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unpaid mobile bill contract during previous stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kannan
Newly Registered

unpaid mobile bill contract during previous stay

Post by kannan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi,

I had been to UK from my previous company during 2007 to 2008 march through work permit. i bought a mobile phone in contract, but unfortunately, i have to return back to India before my mobile phone contract close. so some of my mobile bill balance is in pending. now its been 2 years and i am applied tier 1 general visa for UK. i have no idea about what happened to my cell phone contract. i am bit afraid about my visa rejection. Do they check my credit history in uk for my previous stay?

Any other reasons to reject my visa due to my previous stay in UK?

silverline

Post by silverline » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm

If you haven't paid yet, you probably have been declared "Defaulter" and in any visa application, you are required to disclose defaults.

If case worker found you a defaulter, you are likely to be refused.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 am

Please explain what you mean silverline? I don't think many countries are interested in your credit history. Defaulting is not criminal and in my view would not have to be declared.

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:34 am

Check ur Tier 1 apps you must have ticked NO to declaration related to default. So fingers crossed now I don't remember anyone got refusal beacuse of that. Perhaps credit check is extreamly extreamly rare

kannan
Newly Registered

Post by kannan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks mulderpf and silverliine, Can any one give me a solid answer? really i am restless because of this :(

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:58 pm

silverline wrote:Check ur Tier 1 apps you must have ticked NO to declaration related to default. So fingers crossed now I don't remember anyone got refusal beacuse of that. Perhaps credit check is extreamly extreamly rare
There is no declaration related to default.

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 pm

mulderpf wrote:Please explain what you mean silverline? I don't think many countries are interested in your credit history. Defaulting is not criminal and in my view would not have to be declared.
I share you view that mostly visa officers are not interested to know credit history.

But looking at the time period i.e. 2 years i guess service provider might have sought court judgement against him.

Visa applcation requires to disclose any civil or criminal judgments passed against the applicant. All he can do now is to sit back with crossed fingers.

It's best for him to check credit history & sort out the issue.

kannan
Newly Registered

Post by kannan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:28 am

actually i have applied intracompany transfer visa last year. i got my visa with out any problem. but this time i dont know it will create any issue or not.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:06 am

Silverline, I disagree, even if you have a CCJ, there is still no requirement to declare it. A CCJ is not a criminal matter and the only type of convictions or judgments you have to declare would be criminal.

I am therefore still of the view that even if you have 1000 CCJ's, it would have no impact on your application. That is unless of course those CCJ's were issued in the UAE where I believe that unpaid debt is in fact criminal.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 am

mulderpf wrote:Silverline, I disagree, even if you have a CCJ, there is still no requirement to declare it. A CCJ is not a criminal matter and the only type of convictions or judgments you have to declare would be criminal.

I am therefore still of the view that even if you have 1000 CCJ's, it would have no impact on your application. That is unless of course those CCJ's were issued in the UAE where I believe that unpaid debt is in fact criminal.
I agree with the above. However, if you plan on naturalising in the next few coming years with the rules getting tighter, they may do checks for "good character." So I advise you to make payments or whatever to get things sorted for the future.
I tell it like it is.

kannan
Newly Registered

Post by kannan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Thank you all for your reply. i will let you know once my visa result come. may be that can guide everyone.

spider man
Newly Registered

ummm

Post by spider man » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 pm

ya pls do tell us ..what did u get..
actaully i m gona apply for my nationality soon, and i have a ccj on my file..dont know what to do really...

kannan
Newly Registered

Got my visa

Post by kannan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:21 am

Hai all,

Finlay i got my UK Tier 1 Visa after a big tension. :) So they are not checking the credit history. So no need to worry about that.

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

Congrats Kannan, I know how you feel, let us know about the status of your credit history, hopefully if you intend to get an ILR it should not be in the way.

spider man
Newly Registered

Congratssss kanaan..

Post by spider man » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 am

many congrats for ur visa.. thats great.
now can any one pls tell me , that what would be impact of citizenship application having 2 CCJs on my file,,one for mobile bill in 2007 and other is for credit card in 2008 . my nationality is due already as I got ILR in Jan 2009 ,but still confused ..pls advise..

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Congratssss kanaan..

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:59 am

spider man wrote:many congrats for ur visa.. thats great.
now can any one pls tell me , that what would be impact of citizenship application having 2 CCJs on my file,,one for mobile bill in 2007 and other is for credit card in 2008 . my nationality is due already as I got ILR in Jan 2009 ,but still confused ..pls advise..
You should be fine. Like it was previously mentioned, credit history is not in the same realm as criminal history so they don't check.
I tell it like it is.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 am

Er-r-r, for citizenship application they do check credit history!

spider man
Newly Registered

thanks Elinaa..wounder...

Post by spider man » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 am

thanks for your reply.. i appreciate... so which advise should I take, pls explain other also...

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm

wunder wrote:Er-r-r, for citizenship application they do check credit history!
Misread! Thought the applicant was applying for ILR. My apologies.