ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Embassy Abu Dhabi Reply for visa Delay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

British Embassy Abu Dhabi Reply for visa Delay

Post by Aboudi10 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 am

Amazed at what i got today after emailing Abu Dhabi embassy day after day for my friends application that was lodged in Yemen and was refered to Abu Dhabi.

Lodged September
1st Reply 16 December after constant calls and emails

Here is the Respond! Has anyone had this? is this generic?

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your email of 23rd November enquiring about the progress of your visa application. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience which we may have caused and please accept our apologies for the delay in process. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can. We thank you for your co operation and appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk,
Abu Dhabi
What do you guys think? How long isit taking to process? what checks?

ANY ADVICE THANK!

Yas2010

Re: British Embassy Abu Dhabi Reply for visa Delay

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Aboudi10 wrote:Amazed at what i got today after emailing Abu Dhabi embassy day after day for my friends application that was lodged in Yemen and was refered to Abu Dhabi.

Lodged September
1st Reply 16 December after constant calls and emails

Here is the Respond! Has anyone had this? is this generic?

Dear Mr ****,

Thank you for your email of 23rd November enquiring about the progress of your visa application. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience which we may have caused and please accept our apologies for the delay in process. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can. We thank you for your co operation and appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk,
Abu Dhabi
What do you guys think? How long isit taking to process? what checks?

ANY ADVICE THANK!
Hav u hear anything yet about your visa

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Not for me, for a friend...

After that email avnt heard, still Awaiting ! its now 3 Months!

Filled a complained not heard about that either!

piro
Newly Registered

Post by piro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:22 pm

hmm, it is the same response that I received today :D except that you have an additional line in it related to apology etc.

I sent email to abi dhabi office on 20th December 2010 and got this response today (Jan 3rd 2011).

What is the status of your friend's application now?

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 am

piro wrote:hmm, it is the same response that I received today :D except that you have an additional line in it related to apology etc.

I sent email to abi dhabi office on 20th December 2010 and got this response today (Jan 3rd 2011).

What is the status of your friend's application now?

Hello Sorry for late reply!

Well, you need to reply back and get a respond with a NAME! or call back enquire again as this is generic email to get rid of you!

in what country was your application lodged?

My Friend was Yemen but it said to contact Abu Dhabi and its now not under process because the email above was a lie and files are in YEMEN!

piro
Newly Registered

Post by piro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 am

No problem... by chance I am online and responding as soon as you posted your response :)

I applied from Pakistan. I understand their response was generic. I guess the reason for delaying applications from Pakistan and Yemen may be the security situation in both countries. Any checks, I think are related to security in the background.

Normally Pakistani applications take about 2-3 months to process.

ok, just tell me what happened to your friends application? Did he hear back from the UK embassy? Has he got the decision/visa yet?

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 am

Well what happend is, Usually all applications are applied and completed in Yemen.

But since embassy closed for security reason in october my friends wife applied in SEPTEMBER 2010 which ment embassy closed and they had all documents and passport.

Now after chasing up constant because the UKINYEMEN website said to contact Abu Dhabi we did so, and Abu Dhabi kept saying its with them and to wait, now we found out its not with them and its in YEMEN. So now he demanding to return his wifes application so he can reapply somewere else!

Total disaster for a UK High Comission making staff lie!

piro
Newly Registered

Post by piro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:39 am

well its an unpleasant scenario. I hope they process your friend's application soon. I also hope mine is also processed soon. I know my application has been in process as they called for verification etc. A 2-3 months wait is normal over here and people do get decision after that.

Aboudi10
Newly Registered

Post by Aboudi10 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 am

Well thats great to know!

Inshalla they will for all of the people stuck in this process!

i have a worry they might have lost all documents! but cannot admit!

Lets see how things go!

piro wrote:well its an unpleasant scenario. I hope they process your friend's application soon. I also hope mine is also processed soon. I know my application has been in process as they called for verification etc. A 2-3 months wait is normal over here and people do get decision after that.

piro
Newly Registered

Post by piro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44 am

yeah, lets hope. Keep me posted about the decision please. I will also update this thread as soon as I get the (hopefully positive) decision inshaAllah !

piro
Newly Registered

Post by piro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:49 pm

@Aboudi10,

I received entry clearance today, Alhamduliah. What about your friend's application?

mehmood108
Newly Registered

Post by mehmood108 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:22 pm

I have applied for my spouse visa and still waiting. current status is under process at British High Commission since 02-02-2011. do any body have an idea how long it is going to take after this status update.

Thanks in advance,

TT

bebo29
Newly Registered

Post by bebo29 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi there,

My fiance applied for a Student Visa Tier 4 from Pakistan on 28 January 2011. His application is still under process at the British High Commission and we are really really worried. This is because everyone else has received entry clearance that had applied around the same time and his still hasnt been returned to the Visa Application Centre. I know the process is about 20 working days and today is the 19th but his college is due to start on 1st March. Please someone console us!

Bebo