ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Application Never Ends

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lions
Newly Registered

Nationality Application Never Ends

Post by lions » Wed May 19, 2004 6:46 pm

I am after some importnat advise please!

My wife applied for nationality in April 2003 (She is Malaysian) and we quickly recieved a letter saying that the application was valid but unfortunatley could not be decided upon initial consideration.

This wasn't really a problem as we then recieved a letter stating we would have a decision by January 2004.

My wife has lived in the UK with me since February 2000 and we have 2 children aged 3.5 and 2 who both have British Passports!

January came and went but I thought hey could be some delays as a lot of bad press about applications etc. In February I wrote to Croydon (never got a reply) I telephoned near the end of March to be told the case was closed and should have heard something! Since then I have called over 15 times and frankly I have been told various stories! I have sent several e-mails but no reply!

I sent a letter to David Blunkett at the end of last month no reply! Went to see my MP at the beginning of this month - no effect though he says he is still trying!

What can I do! I pay loads of taxes, my wife is on the mortgage and pays council tax. No one seems to care or wants to help!

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed May 19, 2004 11:28 pm

Sorry to hear about such unfortunate development with your app.
Have you considered hiring a solicitor?

lions
Newly Registered

Afford

Post by lions » Thu May 20, 2004 5:13 pm

Hi there,

If I could afford one I would - a one off would be alright but knowing how hopeless the Home Office is it would probably go on for ages!

I was wondering if anyone else has had these sort of problems and delays???!!!!

GwaiLo
Newly Registered

Post by GwaiLo » Sat May 22, 2004 3:24 pm

Lions,
I think your best bet will be to keep pestering your MP.

As an aside I am curious as to why your wife wants British Citizenship. Mine could have had it years ago, but whe we looked into it there were no advantages and of course it would mean her having to give up her Malaysian Citizenship.

I was also under the impression that Applications for Citizenship were dealt with in Liverpool, and not Croydon.

You could also make a complaint using the Nationality Directorates complaints process. Details are here http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/default.asp?pageID=44

You will note that thier telephone number is a Liverpool one. I suspect you have probably been wasting your time talking to Croydon as they deal with Immigration so far as I am aware, not with Nationality.