ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part 2.3 'Any other names you are known by'

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visaissue
Newly Registered

Part 2.3 'Any other names you are known by'

Post by visaissue » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello Experts,

I have got a question on the tier 1 form Personal details (VAF9).

Part 2.3: Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by).

I have got big different name on the payslip. It is XXX YY ZZ on passport. However it is XX YY ZZ on payslip. Can we write this XX YY ZZ payslip name in answer to the question 2.3 above?

It would be great if someone can help.

visaissue
Newly Registered

Post by visaissue » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Guys,

I explored the forum about my question. Most people seem to have done notazied copy for name mismatch. Is it really required? If we mention in the form any different name than the passport wouldn't it be sufficient?

Your expert comments would help.

regards

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:40 pm

visaissue wrote:Guys,

I explored the forum about my question. Most people seem to have done notazied copy for name mismatch. Is it really required? If we mention in the form any different name than the passport wouldn't it be sufficient?

Your expert comments would help.

regards
The different name question is when you can legally prove you were known by some other name, e.g. maiden names for women.

It is not a "convenience question" provided to show name mismatches.

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:43 pm

deleted

blue.olive

Re: Part 2.3 'Any other names you are known by'

Post by blue.olive » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm

visaissue wrote:Hello Experts,

I have got a question on the tier 1 form Personal details (VAF9).

Part 2.3: Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by).

I have got big different name on the payslip. It is XXX YY ZZ on passport. However it is XX YY ZZ on payslip. Can we write this XX YY ZZ payslip name in answer to the question 2.3 above?

It would be great if someone can help.
Address that issue in the covering letter and get a letter from employer that name is wrongly spell in payslip. I don't think you need to do anything else or need to mention that in part 2.3, if this is the only document where your name appeared different and all the other documents you are enclosing with the application have the same name which is specified on you passport.

Good luck
Olive