ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with the spouse expecting a baby

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

ILR with the spouse expecting a baby

Post by Elena Babintseva » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi there!Hope you can advise on this matter.

My husband and I got married on the 29th of July 2009 here in London.He is applying for ILR in March 2011 under 4 years of HSMP service.I m going to apply for the dependant visa again as I came here again in February 2010 as his dependant.
I found out I was expecting a baby in October 2010 and due to the 8th of June 2011.By March 2011 I ll be on 7 months of pregnancy.In case of the refusal do I really have to travel back to my country being 8 or 9 months pregnant? The thing is I ve got the midwife here and everything is recorded in English.Also women in such a position are not allowed to travel.

It s a bit confusing for me.Appreciate if you can help.
Thanks in advance :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 am

It should be possible for you to be included in his ILR application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:05 am

Thank you.That s what we were planning to do.To include me as a dependant in his ILR application.What I meant was...Does HO really consider such delicate circumstances like late pregnancy?

rajathwp

NOT Sure

Post by rajathwp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Sorry I might be wrong but can you add your spouse when she has not lived in UK for 2 Years ...Ta

Though GOD forbidden if they refuse ILR you can appeal which in most cases take upto 6 months or more and you can stay in UK ( answer to your query) and u don't need to go back to your country ....

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:42 pm

I guess I cant apply for ILR along with my partner cos I ve been here as his dependant since March 2010(10 months).I used to study here before but I think those years can not be included.So I ll be added to his application form as a dependant again till my 2 years are complete.Can anyone just clarify if I got the right information please?

Thanks a lot :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Did you live with your husband in the UK before you were married?

Try clicking on my link above for for more information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 pm

No we didnt.Was a bit old-fashioned.We got married in July 2009 and I left the UK in August 2009 to apply for being his dependant.So basically we lived together for a month before I came back in March 2010.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 pm

I still think that it's possible for you to be included in his ILR application.

Elena Babintseva
Newly Registered

Post by Elena Babintseva » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Do u think I m required to get The Life in the UK test in this case?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am

No, if your husband is applying under the HSMP Forum judicial review (settlement in the United Kingdom). However, there's no harm in passing it if you can as you would require it for citizenship.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Just a specific point about the traveling during pregnancy. My wife was able to change her status from student to dependent (work permit) without leaving the country due to 'special circumstances'. Those circumstances were that she was 6 months pregnant and in otherwise healthy condition. I believe that if your ILR did not go through (I suspect it will be no problem), you would be able to apply for FLR under those same special circumstances. I should let you know that we did not find out the successful result of this application until 3 months later, 2 days after our daughter was born. This was a cause for some concern for us.