ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree taught in English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Purvi
Newly Registered

Degree taught in English

Post by Purvi » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:53 am

I did my B.Com. from Rajasthan and took the exams in English.

I want to know what list the UKBA refers to for ascertaining whether your degree was taught in English or not. Can you pls tell me where should I look for confirming this?

(I know there is a list of institutions when you assess your points.. but list does not necessarily mean that the degree there was taught in English. It is meant to ascertain your degree equivalent to graduate or not, right?)

push
United Kingdom

Re: Degree taught in English

Post by push » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Purvi wrote:I did my B.Com. from Rajasthan and took the exams in English.

I want to know what list the UKBA refers to for ascertaining whether your degree was taught in English or not. Can you pls tell me where should I look for confirming this?

(I know there is a list of institutions when you assess your points.. but list does not necessarily mean that the degree there was taught in English. It is meant to ascertain your degree equivalent to graduate or not, right?)
If the point calculator awards you 10 points for the course you did under the English Language criteria then you are fine.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

if you check point based calculator and you find your school there.then that's fine.You will be awarded 10 points automatically.
if your school is not on the list,you will have to obtain letter from UK naric to certify that your degree was taught in Eglish.good luck

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:17 pm

aosun007 wrote:if your school is not on the list,you will have to obtain letter from UK naric to certify that your degree was taught in Eglish.good luck
That is not correct.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer