ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for my Mum -refused and appeal as well

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ian1464
Newly Registered

Visit visa for my Mum -refused and appeal as well

Post by ian1464 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:42 pm

I have had a visitors visa for my mum 63years- from Zimbabwe to visit. I have indefinate leave to remain through my marriage to my English husband.
The application is in appeal status and the main reason is that they do not believe she will return to Zimbabwe at the end of her visit. Thay have said they have no probs with the funds I provided as the sponsor(we have a sig amt of money left to us in an Estate by my husband's aunt). My mum has previously been granted visit visa before at least 3times in the last 9years I have been in the uk. How do I prove that she intends to leave - which she will do after a month.
She is currently living in her marital home - which she has a cottage at the back and receives abt 500 us dollars rent and also I own a flat in Zim which she manages and collects the rent of 500 us dollars as well. She currently lives with my big sister and whom she looks after who is ill and she has a daughter who also lives under my mum's 4bedroomed house. I also regularly send her money from the uk via western union. She has no bank account which I explained that Zim banks went into melt-down and the economy is only being rebuild. The appeal decision has already been refused once and they say - they will only reconsider on 'a point of law'. Also my mum has lost of her family peers and needs to come here for respite from the bereavement since 2002 when my dad passed away- more recently her sister and her nephew passed away in 2009. She is now the mother to all the siblings children as well as her children - due to our culture .

Please help
How can I build my case so that they turn around their decision from refusal.

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 am

I am very sorry to hear about the refusal of your mum visit visa.

Did you provide evidence of all the stuffs you mentioned here? Also it was difficult to ascertin from your post if the appeal has already been refused? - at one stage you said this was the case but was not sure what you mean by in the appeal stage

I know one of the essential criterias you need to prove to these guys which they said in their refusal letter to your mum is the fact she will go back home at the end of the visit visa (i would say this is even more so for Zimbabwe). You have to be able to show ties to her home country and if the things you mentioned were provided then its hard to see what more you could have done. Ties comes in various form but property, dependency, family commitment etc ae strong bonds so you will need to outlined this in detail if not already done. The funds are great but it alone wont do, UKBA need to be convinced she will return home at the end of her visit.

Its very difficult if not possible for UKBA to remove citizen from some countries eg. Zimbabwe due to the human rights act and so i am worried that this formed part of their decision which is very unfair, especially when she is a genuine visitor.

I hope some of th emore experience member will be able to give you some advice as to the enxt step for you.

all the best of luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 am

If the appeal has been dismissed, then do you have the details?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ian1464
Newly Registered

Mum' visa -appeal rejected

Post by ian1464 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for the replies - the appeal has already been refused as I had to go for an oral hearing in London. Although I told them about my mum's income from the property at the time I had not had the Deeds and her bank statement(which she now has re-opened which took long to do) so the judge said she was not satisfied. I now have 'evidence' i.e bank satements and deeds and a utility bill and in their last communication in which I had appealed for permission from the upper tier to apply to the upper tribunal they said that - I could appeal against the judge's decision only ' on a point of law' What is available to me to appeal on a point of law? I dont know what to do and what direction to take