ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning Immigrant Help!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raiisaj
Newly Registered

Returning Immigrant Help!!!

Post by raiisaj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 am

Am a financial anayst and has decided to take 2years off work to get my ACCA and CFA qualifications for career advancement. I have chosen Kaplan FTC London and has fully paid the fees....

--I studied for my undergrads in the UK
--I got married to a briton whilst in the UK but the marriage didnt work, and the home office was informed; at that time i had application with the HO to get the 2yrs spouse visa and at the knowledge of my marriage mishap the application was rejected.
-- I left the UK 3 weeks after i got my passport back, i needed time to clear my head anyway.
-- I havent returned back to the UK since 2008
--- I have started the divorce proceedings, but its just at the initial stage
-- I have my immediate family members in the UK, all citizens.
-- I have the required £7200, of which £4000 out of it has been in my account for a while and the remaining got to my account on friday.
-- I wish to apply for visa in the middle/end of jan (to observe the 28days ritual)

Concers
Can anyone pls help me.... will any of the stated above info av any negative effects on the application?
Is there anything i need to look out for before applying?

Anyone with this kind of experience pls help.....especially with the failed marriage isssue, dont want it to sound like a sham marriage especially with the rise in sham marriages in the UK of recent. We were truly wedded but fell apart at the slightest sight of trouble

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm

When they rejected you LTR as spouse, what they wrote in your refusal letter?

They put you in any sham marriage issue or put any ban on your further entry?

Any right of appeal given that time? Or your partner file any case against you?

If nothing from above then apply with confidence. Make sure you fulfill requirement of your current application.

Also I suggest you make your complete immgration history by dates and UKBA references from entry clearance to all extensions if any with refusal dates and reasons. Put your explanations if you want and mention your leaving dates. Write it in 'additional information' section of your application form or enclosed extra sheets with reference if required.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

raiisaj
Newly Registered

Post by raiisaj » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:11 am

KKJ, thx sooo much for responding.... i actually feel a lot better now with your advise.

No, the refusal letter did not say "ban" or that the marriage is a sham but i in all honesty feel they insinuated it or maybe i am wrong.

" In view of the fact that..............it was stated that you and your spouse were having domestic problems, the secretary of state is not satisfied that each parties intend to live permanently with each other as husband and wife."

".......the reasons of the domestic problems you have with your spouse, cast doubt over the credibility of your application."

I and my ex-husband were called to the croydon office for interview but due to the problems we were having then he didnt go with me, infact, he left d house for like a week and (now i'm thinking foolishly) i told the interviewer exactly what happened, maybe i shd av lied cos when i told them the truth they twisted it to look like i was being cunny.

I was advised to appeal against the decision while our family tried to sort out the differences. I sent in the appeal but i had to leave the UK like 3days after i had sent it in, i needed to clear my head so i left even before the appeal result came out. The appeal response came out in mid sept and i got to Nigeria mid aug. The appeal was denied/refused.

Like you said i will apply in confidence and i will include all the documentation including the appeal and croydon interview sheets, and i will write a strong supporting letter to explain further my case and why i'm going this time also i will emphasize that divorce proceedings have started already.

thanks again for ur advice and further advice is welcome

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

kkj wrote:When they rejected you LTR as spouse, what they wrote in your refusal letter?

They put you in any sham marriage issue or put any ban on your further entry?

Any right of appeal given that time? Or your partner file any case against you?

If nothing from above then apply with confidence. Make sure you fulfill requirement of your current application.

Also I suggest you make your complete immgration history by dates and UKBA references from entry clearance to all extensions if any with refusal dates and reasons. Put your explanations if you want and mention your leaving dates. Write it in 'additional information' section of your application form or enclosed extra sheets with reference if required.
I agree - as long as the HO did not mention paragraph 320, use of deception or anything similar, you should be able to make a straight forward tier 4 application. You may wish to explain the previous refusal in a brief cover letter, which will help the entry clearance officer consider your application.