ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upper Tribunal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Upper Tribunal

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 am

Goodmorning everyone I wrote this morning and I do not know where it has gone i perhaps did not submit. please bear with me

I went to the Tribunal on the 23rd Nov. 2010 on the 17th i received in the mail the determination which was dismissed.

this is what he the I.judge wrote

the burden of proof is on the appellant and the standard of proof is on the balance of probbabilities. the appelant's claim arises unders section 82(1) of the nationality and immigration act 2002 and the circumstances at the date of the hearing are admissible. i have today heard the evidence of the appelant and her bro-in-law. i have also seen teh documents in relation to the applelant's brother who is an eea national. on the basis of the evidence before me I am able to accept that the appellant is living wither her sister and her husband. I however bear in mind that extened family members would have to establish that they are genuinely dependent on the eea national or resident in another country with the EEA national sponsor on a dependent basis. the appellant is a thirty yr old adult who has beena student in the u.k. after having arrived here as a visitor. there is little evidence before me to establish that the appellant has been solely dependent on the eea national. the appellant has also not established that she has lived in another country in the household of the eea naional prior to her arrival in the u.k. for these reasons i find that the appelant does not satisy the requirements of the relevant regulations.

in considering the appellant's article 8 rights i consider the appellant's private and family life in the u.k. the appellant's life as demonstrated before me has been mainly on the basis of her student life in the u.k. and therefore would have been in the knowledge that her studentships would be coming to a conclusion at some stage. given the limited and temporary nature of her student life, i do not find it sufficiently to cause a breach of article 8. turning to the question of the appellant's family life the appellant is an adult. she has arrived in the u.k. as an adult in oct 2002 and although having lived with her sister and her bro-in law for some peroid of time, has not demonstrated that her relationship with her sibling and her brother in law is anymore than that might be between adults. in applying the Rasgar Principles, i do not find in the first instance find that there is a family life to the extent that her removal would cause an interference, so as to cause the u.k. to be in breach of its' obligations of the european convention of human rights.

case dismissed

Lord have mercy at the first instance they said my brother in law was not qualifed and then some other silly grounds like 1. he was not qualified and He is dutch 2. i am not extended family member but we showed birth certificates n marriage certificates which they ignored. now we have those two points to fight.

an uncle of mine told me that the home office lost a case on the 17th which i can use to argue my case and also saint luica is part of the E.P.A. European Partnership Agreement which i should use as well as quoting me Proverbs 3:5-6

My queries ladies n gents are
1. what should i do and write on the iaft4 form? i am not using a solictor this time around.
2. what cases i can use to argue my points?

since august 2009 i hv not been working and i do not receive state benefits. besides i was diagonosed with a spinal disease in 2007 but i am not sure whether i should include this fact. my private life includes the friendships i have formed at school yes and working part time and my involvement in ministry but i do not think my last solictor put it in. oh well i do wait an answer i think tomorrow is my deadline i am not sure.

sorry for the long post and thanks any and all help is greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:56 pm

The appeal was for refusal of which visa?

regards

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 am

It was for an EEA dependency visa.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Are u going for another appeal or u want to reapply? This spinal disease u mentioned, do u need to depend on someone for care? I think if u include it, u will be considered. But it will be better if u get all the documents they want plus your health issues and reapply. Eea applications are fast now so u might get a reply in less than 6mths. Also your sister what visa does she have? Did she ever sponsor u as a student? Is your brother in law working or self employed?

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks easy77 I was given 5 days to appeal but did not know I could reapply. They both work full time and my sister is a British Citizen and had indefinite before she married him. The last time they took more than 6 mnths n said i was not extended n he did not qualify but in the new refusal they said the new things up there. I do not need someone to physically care for me. My thing is lack of evidence. I do not have receipts when they give me money for instance bus pass n other things. my private life also includes my faith and active involvement there but i am not sure if i should use that as i will be the same way any country i reside in.

What evidence should i get and is it ok to reapply or would it bring more woes? thanks again

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Unfortunately dependency in the UK, is not usually accepted, however if you can provide evidence that you have medical condition, which require the care of the EEA national or family member, you will then be considered under regulation 8(3), and could be entitled to a Residence Card, if following an Extensive examination of your personal Circumstance, it seems appropriate to issue the card.

If you can show that, or if your situation is as such, then you don't need to provide proof that you have lived or dependent on the EEA sponsor in another country.

If you could maintain your student visa status for a further 2 years, then you might qualify in your own right for ILR, subject to KOL UK being passed.

You can also swear an affidavit, which i am sure they should accept.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I thought I did the affidivat but just remembered the title was witness statement is that the same?

I asked my doctor for my report before i went to court on the 23rd of November and he said it must be requested from the authorities.

i did not go to college this year as i was waiting on their decision my course ended late last year. However I was thinking I am still a student after all that is being said and done to me.

My personal circumstances is that I am single, no kids, and is not a threat to society, have a valid passport What else would be examined and how should i prove it. thanks Obie

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Does anyone know what Rasgar principle is please? online i can see razgar but even that i cannot understand. can i say that was an error in the law.

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:32 am

I believe the judges are just using filthy excuses, but they should be able to consider you on the fact that you are living in the same household. because the regulations state dependent or living in the same household with an EEA national. but Pray as well because I believe the judge just want counter whatever you say. Wishing you good luck.

Want2SUCCEED
Newly Registered

Post by Want2SUCCEED » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:36 am

Thank you God can change the hearts of men. I will pray thank you for hope