ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Transit for Irish ICT Professional Visa holder ???

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZINC
Newly Registered

UK Transit for Irish ICT Professional Visa holder ???

Post by ZINC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:39 am

Hi ,

I want to know do I need a UK transit (I am coming back to Dubllin Via Manchester), I have Irish Work Visa (ICT Professional) . 2 months ago I came back to Dublin Via Manchester but at that time I had the Category D Student Visa , so at Manchester Airport they gave me the transit .

So do I need Transit now for Manchester ????

Thanks in advance.

ZINC

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:18 pm

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:38 pm

ZINC, what is your nationality? The answer to your question depends upon that.
John

ZINC
Newly Registered

Post by ZINC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:07 pm

John wrote:ZINC, what is your nationality? The answer to your question depends upon that.
I am a Pakistan national.

Actually I am confused because my freind says that (he also has a ICT professional Visa) that he has come many times Via UK and no one has asked for Transit.

And the UK visa website says if you have Category D visa then u dont require a Transit visa. and I ICT professional is not a Category D visa.

And to get a Transit it requires minum 10 days and I dont have 10 days I m going after 1 week :) .

But I have Transit from Manchaster (2 month ago I came to dublin Via manchaster at that time I had student visa category D)

So what should I do now ???

ZINC :roll:

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Zinc,

Might be slightly off-topic, but Gulf Air now flies direct from DUB, with onward connections to ISB/LHE/KHI, that might be better for you as you wont have to worry about connecting in the UK.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:52 pm

Zinc, the answer to your question is given by this webpage. So regretfully you do need a DATV to transit through the UK .... unless one of the exceptions applies to you. Which begs the question, do you have "a valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002"?

In other words, your Irish visa, does it say "Residence Permit" on it?
John

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:49 am

John wrote:Zinc, the answer to your question is given by this webpage. So regretfully you do need a DATV to transit through the UK .... unless one of the exceptions applies to you. Which begs the question, do you have "a valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002"?

In other words, your Irish visa, does it say "Residence Permit" on it?
If the exemptions don't apply, a DATV will not be enough to transit to the Republic of Ireland.

DATV nationals transiting to Ireland must obtain a visit visa - not a Visitor in Transit visa which is only for transit to a destination outside the Common Travel Area (Rules HC395 paragraph 47 refers).