ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language - Open University Masters Degree or TOFEL

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kanimeni

English Language - Open University Masters Degree or TOFEL

Post by kanimeni » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:05 am

Hello Experts,

I am in confusion state hence thought of taking your suggestions here

This is with reference to justifying points claiming for ‘English Language’ using Point Calculator.

Case 1, Upto my graduation I did my courses in ‘mother tongue’ and Master’s Degree I did in ‘English’ language but this Master’s Degree was THROUGH Distance Education in Open University.
My Master’s Degree gives me 35 points for ‘academic qualification’ and 10 points for ‘English Language’ also.

Evidence – 1. Point Calculator gives me 10 points for English Language.
2. A Letter from Open University stating the medium of instruction was ‘English’

Case 2, To be in safe mode, I did TOFEL and got 110 total score which is sufficient to claim points for ‘English Language’.
But as on today I only have ‘Online Score Report’ wherein the ‘Self-Assessment’ application and Tier1 Guide expects only ‘Original Score Report’

So given the scenario, I am not sure whether to enclose my Master’s Degree or TOFEL to justify English Language points that I am claiming using Point Based Calculator.
Please suggest, I am planning to log my Tier 1 application this week itself.

OR

Do you suggest, prepare the point-based-calculator using my Master’s Degree and while filling the Tier1 Application enclose TOFEL also in justifying English Language.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards
Sekhar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: English Language - Open University Masters Degree or TOF

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:17 am

Already answered, here.