ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayed in uk and now married to a british citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ridewithme

overstayed in uk and now married to a british citizen

Post by ridewithme » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 am

my husband overstayed his uk visa for four years, he originally came here as a student. He voluntarily left the uk and went back to india where we recently got married, i am british. I just wanted to know if he could apply to come to the uk on a spouse visa. Please help me with some information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am

He may apply for a spouse visa, subject to maintenance and accommodation requirements, English test and 320(11), etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 am

Thank you very much for replying. Is there like any time ban before which he could apply for a spouse visa??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 am

No..not for a spouse application.

ridewithme

Post by ridewithme » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:24 am

thanks for the reply............ btw does ne1 have ne ideas if he has a chance to be granted the visa..........i kno it might sound a bit dumb but i just would want like an idea of how things could work out.........

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:09 pm

ridewithme wrote:thanks for the reply............ btw does ne1 have ne ideas if he has a chance to be granted the visa..........i kno it might sound a bit dumb but i just would want like an idea of how things could work out.........
If you follow the link Vinny gave you, there is your answer

ridewithme

Spouse Visa Interview

Post by ridewithme » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm

my husband overstayed his uk visa for four years, he originally came here as a student. He voluntarily left the uk and went back to india where we recently got married, i am british. He applied for the spouse visa and now after submitting all our documents, they have asked him to come for an interview. Should we consider this as being positive for us or negative? Also what kind of questions should he expect? Please advise us. Thanks.

ridewithme

visa interview

Post by ridewithme » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 pm

well i just need to kno what kind of questions to expect and also being called for an interview.......should it be taken as positive or negative

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Being called for an interview really doesn't give an indication either way. Your husband is likely to be asked questions about your relationship and personal details such as birthday, anniversary, where you met etc. As he previously overstayed he will probably be questioned about whether he worked, where
and for how long. He should answer honestly.

ridewithme

had the interview

Post by ridewithme » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Casa, thanks for the reply. Well, my husband had his interview today, the guy just kept asking him questions mainly about what he did before he met me and suff, dint ask much about any other stuff. My husband did ask him whether he wanted to know any more details of our relationship, but the guy said that he doesnt have any doubts that we are in a serious relationship but, he also said that he isnt sure as he has overstayed his visa , so his colleague is going to have a look at the answers and stuff.
Also when my husband asked him when would we know the outcome of this, the guy replied that he isnt sure and that the VFS centre would let us know.
We are really worried not sure what to expect.

No matter, what the outcome is, we had like to thank all of you who helped us with some advice all this while. Hoping for the best.

ridewithme

very nervous

Post by ridewithme » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Havent heard anything from the VFS, really dont know what to expect, does any1 kno if they do issue a spouse visa if some1 has overstayed.
Has anyone gone through anything similar to what my husband is going through..........any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hopestar
Newly Registered

Re: very nervous

Post by Hopestar » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 pm

my husband was refused as he was an overstayer... we are going through the appeal... have you heard anything yet fron the visa people yet?

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Not everyone is refused for overstaying.

Each case warrants its own merit!

A spouse visa cannot be refused only on the fact the individual overstayed, there are usually other factors that go with this to determine a refusal.

If you read Spouse Visa and Overstay you will see many success stories, where people have been granted the visa.

Good Luck ridewithnme :D
Alhamdulilah for habibi..

Submitted: 19/05/2011
Recieved at BHC (Cairo): 23/05/2011
Call from BHC (verifying details): 08/08/2011
With Courier (24hr): 24/08/2011
**VISA GRANTED**: 25/08/2011
(Waiting time: 71 working days/ 14 weeks)

ridewithme

Spouse Visa

Post by ridewithme » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:39 pm

@hopestar, no we havent heard anything from the visa authorities yet, what about your appeal.......how far have u gone thru with it........n sweetmissy thank you 4 sharing the information, i just dont understand that y is it taking so long for them to decide when the guy who interviewed my husband admitted that he doesnt have any doubts that we have a strong relationship. Just pray to God to put things right 4 us as this is so so stressfull.

ridewithme

spouse visa

Post by ridewithme » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm

just to update.......did get a text message from the vfs ppl that the processed visa application is with the courier ppl.........well hopefully they shud deleiver it by 2moro..........this is going to be a very very long night for us..........just hope god helps us............also needed to know whats the procedure for an appeal..........i mean does the sponsor attend the appeal or the applicant............i mean does the appeal need to be applied and heard in the uk or the applicant's country............please advise.......
O lord please be with us

Hopestar
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa

Post by Hopestar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:37 am

ridewithme wrote:just to update.......did get a text message from the vfs ppl that the processed visa application is with the courier ppl.........well hopefully they shud deleiver it by 2moro..........this is going to be a very very long night for us..........just hope god helps us............also needed to know whats the procedure for an appeal..........i mean does the sponsor attend the appeal or the applicant............i mean does the appeal need to be applied and heard in the uk or the applicant's country............please advise.......
O lord please be with us
hello there, have u heard anything.. we are still waiting for the court, i heard nothing yet...