ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 general closeure for oversease from 23 dec 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

etrade

Post by etrade » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 am

riteshgaur

Post by riteshgaur » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:03 am

Request you to provide the source of information before posting such sensitive news.
Regards
Ritesh

ankitgoel26
Newly Registered

Post by ankitgoel26 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 am

There is no such info on UKBA site.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks,
Sumit.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

only 2 days left!

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 am

My UK dreams are shattered with the cost of 3 months hard work, 1000$ and not to mention, the pain and stress I had to go through these 3 months.. Thank you Mr. Green.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 am

cxrmike wrote:
My UK dreams are shattered with the cost of 3 months hard work, 1000$ and not to mention, the pain and stress I had to go through these 3 months.. Thank you Mr. Green.
Dont worry. Which country you are from ?

d127
Newly Registered

Post by d127 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 am

cxrmike... You are not alone dear!!!
This is indeed a bad news.

I was thinking on applying of Jan 1 due to previous earnings points.

km_india
Newly Registered

Post by km_india » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 pm

This is the worst news for all the people applying from outside uk.

The dreams is over!!

I feel sorry for everyone...(including myself) for thinking that everything will fall into place...But it will not.

:(

Best Regards.
KM

mclrajan

Post by mclrajan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Indeed bad news for all who has already started the process. Even though I'm UK, I could feel the other's emotions and investments.

Anversha
Newly Registered

Post by Anversha » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 pm

So its all over..:( really sad news.

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:38 pm

one of the way out is to apply under tier 2

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Re: tier 1 general closeure for oversease from 23 dec 2010

Post by ajitpahuja » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Guys,

This is bullshit................I had requested for an appointment on 23rd but they gave me for 29th. I have all the papers ready.

I am planning to barge in tomorrow morning at the earliest. Just wanted to know a few questions.

How does the system work. How long will it take me if I don't have an appointment.

Which centre in mumbai is Less Crowded. North Mumbai or South Mumbai.

Do they accept credit cards.

Do I need to take the stuff in Cash. Demand draft is not possible now at least.

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

etrade wrote:tier 1 general closeure for oversease from 23 dec 2010

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:27 pm

ajitpahuja wrote:Guys,

This is bullshit................I had requested for an appointment on 23rd but they gave me for 29th. I have all the papers ready.

I am planning to barge in tomorrow morning at the earliest. Just wanted to know a few questions.

How does the system work. How long will it take me if I don't have an appointment.

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

Earlier I have submitted visa applications (Work permit & dependents) without any appointment at Kolkata VFS in 2008 and 2009. As Kolkata VFS is less crowded, they always allowed though security guard asked for appointment e-mail. Security people were always very co-operative and so as VFS people. Few people on this board has also done same at other VFS. So there is no harm in barging at VFS and submit application. It is totally upto them to accept application. Given the situation, they should be sympathic unless they have clear instructions from Home office. Try in morning as I expect more people doing this.

They accept either cash or demand draft. So I will suggest you to carry cash, though they will charge some small extra amount.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

I understand your frustration.

From VFS website - "You can pay the visa application fee at any of the visa application centres when you submit your visa application. Standard Chartered Bank facilities are located in all visa application centres for this purpose. The Standard Chartered Bank will apply a service charge of Rs.200 (inclusive of taxes) for this facility."

Carry cash along and they will make a DD for you.

Not sure which one is less crowded, would suggest you reach early anyway. I believe they also have premium appointments at Mumbai, worth trying that too to see if you can get your application in - http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/services.aspx

Good luck!

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

Read carefully on this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-overseas

It clearly says that no application will be accepted after 22 December 2010. So it appears that no application can be made from day after tomorrow. It is indeed very sad affair. With this type of flash rule changes, it is not worthwhile coming to the UK.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

You do not require an prior appointment for Tier-1.

This is what the security guy at the entrance updated my friend and myself at the Mumbai North VFS center and infact my friend did apply that way without any prior appointment.

You can simply walk down and submit the application.

Once the security guy allows you in, you simply wait for any other Tier 1 appointments before you to complete and then the person handling the Tier 1 application would call you in.

I myself have visited the VFS Mumbai North couple of times and can say that this is how it works for Tier-1.

All the best!!!
Thanks,
Sumit.

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Post by ajitpahuja » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks Sumit,

People out here have guided me to get Cash or DD.

Although DD is not possible now ( unless I get from Standard Chart at the Visa centre )

Arranging cash now even would be difficult...........I don't have that much limit on my Debit Card (although I have money in my account ) and transferring and getting it from other people is again a hassle.........................................

Is credit Card payment possible......... ?

Another thing, what is the farthest date possible where I can write when do you intend to travel to the UK.

I actually plan in June 2011 but I know that would not be possible.

Thanks

Regards,

Ajit

neosumit wrote:

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

This is what the security guy at the entrance updated my friend and myself at the Mumbai North VFS center and infact my friend did apply that way without any prior appointment.

Once the security guy allows you in, you simply wait for any other Tier 1 appointments before you to complete and then the person handling the Tier 1 application would call you in.

I myself have visited the VFS Mumbai North couple of times and can say that this is how it works for Tier-1.

All the best!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 pm

ajitpahuja wrote:Is credit Card payment possible......... ?
No.
ajitpahuja wrote:Another thing, what is the farthest date possible where I can write when do you intend to travel to the UK.
3 months.

regards

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:20 pm

ajitpahuja wrote:Thanks Sumit,

People out here have guided me to get Cash or DD.

Although DD is not possible now ( unless I get from Standard Chart at the Visa centre )

Arranging cash now even would be difficult...........I don't have that much limit on my Debit Card (although I have money in my account ) and transferring and getting it from other people is again a hassle.........................................

Is credit Card payment possible......... ?

Another thing, what is the farthest date possible where I can write when do you intend to travel to the UK.

I actually plan in June 2011 but I know that would not be possible.

Thanks

Regards,

Ajit

neosumit wrote:

Please advice ASAP.

Thanks.

All the best!!!
Dont think a credit card payment is possible.

I am sure, considering the rush in which you are applying, getting the cash from other people is the least of your hassles.

Also, its not yet midnight there. So withdraw your daily limit today and I believe it gets reset at midnight for most banks?

antouk

Post by antouk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm

The statement says :

There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course.

Does that some means not all the applicants will be given extension :?: :?:
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

dhruv

Post by dhruv » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:46 pm

antouk wrote:The statement says :

There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course.

I read the speech by Damien and couldnt find the word some.

Link is: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hanges.pdf

I dont know how publishing staff made this judgement

antouk

Post by antouk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

dhruv wrote:

I read the speech by Damien and couldnt find the word some.

Link is: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hanges.pdf

I dont know how publishing staff made this judgement
Yes dhruv, you are right, no such mention has been made in damien's statement.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

asad2asad
Newly Registered

Post by asad2asad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 pm

hi guyz
dint quit understand this ...i believe transitional arrangement = tier1(g) extension right!! so tht means not all the people will be able to extend their tier 1 after april 6!! am i right?
bit curious as i ll be applying tier1 g in jan so just wondering if i ll be able to extend it or not!

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:12 pm

asad2asad wrote:

hi guyz
dint quit understand this ...i believe transitional arrangement = tier1(g) extension right!! so tht means not all the people will be able to extend their tier 1 after april 6!! am i right?
bit curious as i ll be applying tier1 g in jan so just wondering if i ll be able to extend it or not!

thanks
People are imagining that the statement has anything to do with "existing migrants". This statement, announcement today or the changes announced today have nothing to do with them (existing migrants).

This statement refers to new applicants whose applications to switch to Tier 1 may remain undecided when Tier 1 (General) closes permanently on 05-Apr-11. And I believe so because:

Read carefully on the use of "some" in the sentence. There are no "some existing Tier 1 (General) migrants" - there are thousands - but there may only be "some applicants" in the UK whose applications may be undecided on 05-Apr-2011.

I don't think all of the thousands of existing Tier 1 (General) migrants will be applying for leave to remain before 05-Apr-11 for (the thousands of) them to be considered as "some applicants".

regards