ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/British citizen for child born in UK to parents without

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reynold.Cruziah
Newly Registered

ILR/British citizen for child born in UK to parents without

Post by Reynold.Cruziah » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Dear esteemed members,
Please can you clarify the following situation.I am currently in Tier2,we had our baby born in UK in October 2010 and then not travelled any where outside the country and so have not taken Indian passport for him. I am now eligible to ILR and intending to apply it in JAnuary 2011.

1.Do I need to take the Indian passport for my baby and get a dependent visa on his passport before applying for ILR? or

2.Can I apply his ILR on the blank passport together with us without dependent visa ?? or

3.Can I apply ILR for myself first and once it is received, then directly apply British citizenship for my newborn baby and save some money.Is this possible ?

Your suggestions will be invaluable and great help as I am getting mixed and varied suggestions from other friends and currently very very confused,not knowing what to do..!

Please do help me sharing your experiences

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:00 pm

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Reynold.Cruziah
Newly Registered

Many Thanks

Post by Reynold.Cruziah » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Many Thnaks for your reply.Sorry,if you have answered this earlier in the forum,can you please clarify -if my baby requires Indian passport to apply british citizen ship?

Do I need to apply this in MN1 form ? if so under what section .

regrads
Reynold

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Click on the given links.

regards

musaratnasreen

Post by musaratnasreen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 am

vinny wrote:1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
This forum benefits a lot from senior and most respected members like Vinny and Sushdmehta. I know my question may be a repetition but apologize me for being not v intelligent.
our child born in UK and is not holding any passport as no travel needs. we are applying for ILR within four months
1 Do we need to get baby passport and apply for ILR for her on blank passport

2 As suggested by one consultant we need to get her Tier 1(general) dependent visa first. Then apply for her ILR along with our application

3 Can we opt not to include her name in our application for ILR and once ILR granted apply for her registration as MN1. Any regulatory requirement.
I would appreciate ukba links if any specially for item # 3 and other queries in general

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:Click on the given links.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!