ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranh

Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi All

My wife is Pakistani and came to the UK just over a week ago on a settlement VISA and her VISA expires Feb 2013.

Now I know it may be way too early to think about applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) but I was just wondering what I/she would need to do to apply for ILR and what would be the major points/factors when they review her case???

Just to inform you - She has already applied to join our GP surgery and I am in the process of her becoming my secondary bank account holder and also i am looking for a contract phone for her.

I have looked around but I seem unable to get any clarity - any help here would be much appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 pm

If you download form SET(M) from the UKBA website this will give you an idea of what you need to prepare under current regulations, which may well change before your wife qualifies for ILR.

imranh

Post by imranh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:17 am

Casa wrote:If you download form SET(M) from the UKBA website this will give you an idea of what you need to prepare under current regulations, which may well change before your wife qualifies for ILR.
I have already checked the form but it shows no requirements/criteria.
thats why I am slightly confused !!!!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:30 am

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm

imranh wrote:
Casa wrote:If you download form SET(M) from the UKBA website this will give you an idea of what you need to prepare under current regulations, which may well change before your wife qualifies for ILR.
I have already checked the form but it shows no requirements/criteria.
thats why I am slightly confused !!!!
application form SET(M) wrote:Which documents must I send?

Section 10 of form SET(M) lists the documents that you must send with your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

imranh

Post by imranh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 pm

thanks for that guys - much appreciated

what should i or my wife be doing now/ or in the near future to help her apply for ILR when the time comes???

at the moment i am teaching her english and british culture and she will on an english language and culture course next year. she has registered with my GP aswell.

what about registring her on NI number, bank statements, bills etc etc???

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm

All of the above. Get her to take the life in the UK test or attend one of the formal courses as required.

Collect as much documentation in both names as possible.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:00 am

if you have the money apply in person you could save so much time and hassle like I did with postal they change their fees and form and say you submitted old docs and old fee when you were waiting 6 months for your freckin visa!