ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 to Tier-1 switch

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suddyg
Newly Registered

Tier-2 to Tier-1 switch

Post by suddyg » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 am

Hi,
I am currently in UK on Tier-2 (G) visa.
After the latest rules will I still be eligible for switching my T-2(G) to T-1(G) post April-2011?

I was going thru the following document: < http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/>
Statement of changes in Immigration Rules HC 698 - December 2010 (118KB opens in a new window)
And in section 7.3 it states: These changes close the Tier 1 (General) category to all applicants for entry clearance. The Tier
1 (General) category will remain open to applicants who are already in the UK and are applying
for leave to remain.

What does this means.

Any reply will be appreciated.

Cheers,
S

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:17 pm

All what they are saying is that no application will be accepted for tier 1 general outside UK again from today but those in UK in immigration category that allow switching can still be applying for Tier 1 general until April 2011.