ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I study part time in the evening on Tier 2 work permit?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johan1976
Newly Registered

Can I study part time in the evening on Tier 2 work permit?

Post by johan1976 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:42 am

Morning

Was wondering if I can study in the evenings while on a Tier 2 work permit i.e I do my work in the day Mon - Fri and attend the course evenings and weekends?

Thanks

Johan

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:03 pm

if you can get an admission , yes!.....

i doubt any institute would give you admission though, as they would be putting their sponsorship status online!!

regards

johan1976
Newly Registered

Post by johan1976 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:46 am

Why will an institute not give you admission? Loads of part time students in UK? If you can attend evening classes why not?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:46 pm

johan1976 wrote:Why will an institute not give you admission? Loads of part time students in UK? If you can attend evening classes why not?
ukba grades sponsors into A and B. if a sponsor A gives an admission to someone who is not on a tier 4 student visa, like yourself, and ukba somehow finds it, through auditing etc of your sponsor, they might penalise them, for admitting you on a course, when you were on a Tier 2 visa.

I would advise you to contact UKBA as well as your institute and be open about it. in this immigration climate, you wouldnt want to do ANYTHING that may cause UKBA to rase an eyebrow cuz they will take the most harshest possible action against you/institute - thanks to the tories/libDem sham govt

johan1976
Newly Registered

Post by johan1976 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 pm

But can't you do in your free time what you want? Like studying. The conditions of a work permit is to work full time and permament, what you do in the evenings or weekends is up to you? So for argument sake if I want to do a weekend course in Excel, I have to ask the UKBA?

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 pm

johan1976 wrote:But can't you do in your free time what you want? Like studying. The conditions of a work permit is to work full time and permament, what you do in the evenings or weekends is up to you? So for argument sake if I want to do a weekend course in Excel, I have to ask the UKBA?
As far as I know, studying part-time is fine as long as you continue to abide by your Tier 2 conditions.