ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa appeal - Asked for passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seekit

Family visit visa appeal - Asked for passport

Post by seekit » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi,

I applied for my mother's family visit visa but it got rejected. We appealed the decision around Aug/Sept 2010 and she has just received a letter and email asking to send them passport as it will help them take decision. I was just wondering why would they want to look at passport in appeal? I thought they have everything with them all papers and photo copies of passport etc. How will submitting passport help them? Anyone got in to this position before?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:50 pm

My hunch is that they have probally decided to issue visa rather than letting matter go to a full appeal hearing.

I dont know what other reasons can be for demanding passport other than to stamp visa in it, afterall they have copies of her passport in their file. :wink:

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:55 pm

batleykhan wrote:My hunch is that they have probally decided to issue visa rather than letting matter go to a full appeal hearing.

I dont know what other reasons can be for demanding passport other than to stamp visa in it, afterall they have copies of her passport in their file. :wink:
I agree - they most probably decided to drop the hearing and just grant the visa, but make sure you send the passport via a method which you can track and keep a record of.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Seekit,

I guess as others suggested you should be alright and ofourse use a reputed courier to track the progress.

Can you elaborate the documentation you supplied as I am intending to apply for visa for my inlaws and would benefit from your experiences.

Many thanks

seekit

Post by seekit » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi,

The documents I supplied were:

- 6 months bank statement
- 6 months salary slips
- Tenancy Agreement with my landlord
- Water & council tax bills
- Copy of my passport and visa
- My mother's property docs & bank statements

Hope this helps.

seekit

Post by seekit » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi,

She is granted a 6 months visa now. I wanted to check what documents she'll be required to bring with her? Will they ask anything on Airport etc? She is travelling for the first time.

Thanks