ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise needed on 'gap' under 10years long stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susiewang
Newly Registered

advise needed on 'gap' under 10years long stay

Post by susiewang » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:09 am

hi,everyone.i have been in UK for 9years and 6months as a student, so eligible to apply for ILR in 5 months.
in regards to gap i dont know if there is a gap in my case!
i sent out my student extension application on 17May 2009 (visa due to expire 31may2009),shockingly after 5months lengthy waiting, my application was returned back to me as invalid along with all my documents and the application form on 1ST October2009. the caseworker claims i used wrong application form and ask me to send the correct application from and recent bank statement again to the address which is different from the initial application given by him.i posted everything again on 12Oct 2009 and got 2 years visa after 1month .
my questions are:
1,IS there a gap in my case between 31st MAY2009 TO 12TH OCT2009.(i did not pay the application fee again the second time and the caseworker handwrites a little note asking me to send a recent application form and bank statement to an address which is different from the initial application)

2,i did use the correct application form which was the march 2009 version in the first application posted in May.later on i found out there is a editing error in the application form itself on the UKBA website,in the cover it shows T4 March 2009 version, but on the bottom of each page it still shows Tier 4 Nov 2008 version(while there was even no Tier 4 in 2008).i think the word 2008 makes the caseworker thinks i used the wrong application form.
i guess my ILR more than likely will be refused because of this gap thing,and i believe i probably will get it at the end(i still got the original application form sent back to me as evidence to prove that correct application was used in the first time) after spending thousand of pounds hiring a lawyer.
but why should we suffer because of UKBA's stupidity and incompetence?
i am really worried, dont know what things can be done now since 5months left to rectify the situation. hope someone can advise!