ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UncleM
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by UncleM » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Help - I have been asked for advice but don't know what to say....

Young lady has ILR and intends to apply for naturalisation in due course. She was married 5 years ago in the U.K. but at the time her husband to be was not legal but she was. The marriage went ahead without any problems and they have lived together ever since. The problem is that the Home Office forms all say she is single and when she completes the naturalisation form she will once again be asked if she is single. She has asked me what to do but I don't know as the husband is not legal but she is.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Naturalisation

Post by noble72uk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:23 pm

UncleM wrote:Help - I have been asked for advice but don't know what to say....

Young lady has ILR and intends to apply for naturalisation in due course. She was married 5 years ago in the U.K. but at the time her husband to be was not legal but she was. The marriage went ahead without any problems and they have lived together ever since. The problem is that the Home Office forms all say she is single and when she completes the naturalisation form she will once again be asked if she is single. She has asked me what to do but I don't know as the husband is not legal but she is.
Tell her to declare the truth the real status.

fsharich
Newly Registered

Post by fsharich » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Simple.

If she is still married (registered marriage), she is married.

If not, she is single. I don't see major problems.

How did she get ILR? Trough work visa, student visa?

Does she meet the residence requirements, 5 years legal in the country?

DONE. She is entitled to naturalisation. Simple.