ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming tax with P60, will it affect 10 yr long residency?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makepop1

Claiming tax with P60, will it affect 10 yr long residency?

Post by makepop1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I am due to apply ILR in the mid 2011. I am trying to claim my tax with P60 (atleast 6 years P60). Still no idea how to claim, but having talks with consultants. If I get some tax back with that, will it affect my ILR application? Some people say that they check the NI, whether we claim the tax in 10 year period, but some say they check for last 1 year period only. If it doesn't affect ILR will it give any problem while applying nationality. I am not sure of these things. Experts advice me please.

blue.olive

Re: Claiming tax with P60, will it affect 10 yr long residen

Post by blue.olive » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 am

makepop1 wrote:I am due to apply ILR in the mid 2011. I am trying to claim my tax with P60 (atleast 6 years P60). Still no idea how to claim, but having talks with consultants. If I get some tax back with that, will it affect my ILR application? Some people say that they check the NI, whether we claim the tax in 10 year period, but some say they check for last 1 year period only. If it doesn't affect ILR will it give any problem while applying nationality. I am not sure of these things. Experts advice me please.
If you over paid the tax and now claiming it back, i do not think any problem with that, as long as you are were allowed to do the kind of work you had done in your job and number of hours are according to your visa conditions.

Regards
Olive

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:17 am

makepop1, what makes you think you might have overpaid tax in the past?
John

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:58 pm

John wrote:makepop1, what makes you think you might have overpaid tax in the past?
br code, and 647wk1 codes

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:33 pm

OK, good reasons why you might be entitled to tax refunds.

You are not obliged to pay too much tax, and reclaiming the overpaid tax will not be held against you, as regards any visa applications.
John