ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Probationary period (spouse visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sofimood
Newly Registered

Probationary period (spouse visa)

Post by Sofimood » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello,

I am about to start the process of sponsoring my husband to join me in the UK. My question is how much time does the sponsored person need to spend here during the 2 year probationary period in order to get ILR.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:19 pm

This is from the UKBA Immigration Rules:
Time spent outside the UK
The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire two years of your permission to stay as a husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.

Reasonable time spent outside of the UK during the 2 years period, holidays, compassionate reasons etc won't affect the ILR application. However in the 12 months preceding an application for British Citizenship you can't be absent for more than 90 days.