ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under10 year long residence as a student

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PK
- thin ice -

ILR under10 year long residence as a student

Post by PK » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi ,

I will be appreciated if you any one could reply few of my queries.

My case - I am applying for ILR within few days under 10 year long residence as a student ,

I have no gap in the last 10 years. Was out of UK only for 14 days within this last 10 years.

The papers I am submitting

passport
life in the uk test
biometric card
birth certificates ( have 2 kids who born here )
covering letter

question 1) do I need to submit any other documents to support the application?

2) In my covering letter I am mentioning about my 2 kids of 7 yrs and 1.5 yrs who born here and one of them going to school and happily settled here. as evidence I am including their birth certificates .
Will that have any impact on the application ? What else can I mention in my covering letter ?

I have another confusion .
I asked SAR file from Home office where there is a list of dates consists of my application submission dates and visa issue dates .
On that list its written REJECT next to the date of 22nd december where as we were not refused rather than asking some more documents .

On 22nd December 2006 We submitted application for extention .
They return my application form asking few more documents on 18th jan 2007 giving us 28 days.
We resent the application on 13 th feb 2007 .That time visa was valid only until 31st Dec 2006.

We have that letter from homeoffice for asking more documents .
On that list its written visa issued next to 13th Feb 2007 when we resent the same application.

I wonder is that gonna create any gap between 1st jan to 13 th jan as our visa was not valid this period .???
I dont know why the home office documents
showing reject where as we didnt get any refusal letter at all.

In my covering letter do I have to mention about that ?

Thanks in advance .

Nadia

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Please dont delay your being granted ILR in time
you need to prove to them what you have been doing for the 10 years of your stay.in your case you have been studying.
Get letters from your colleges showing the date of commencement of study and the day you finished from each school.if possible attach all the certificates obtained.
Please attach copies of all 'the leave to remain' renewals that you have done.
Also if you are working now,please attach letter from your employer.
let all the documents add up to 10 years you are claiming.
or else,they will be asking you for more documents.
Get your ILR in time.
Good luck

litu1

Post by litu1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 pm

aosun007 wrote:Please dont delay your being granted ILR in time
you need to prove to them what you have been doing for the 10 years of your stay.in your case you have been studying.
Get letters from your colleges showing the date of commencement of study and the day you finished from each school.if possible attach all the certificates obtained.
Get your ILR in time.
Good luck
Where did u get this information ? Check the SET(O) form and for 10 yrs long residence category , you only need to attach 2 copy of photograph, passports and life in the uk test pass notification certificate with the completed SET(O) form. thats all .

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Where did u get this information ? Check the SET(O) form and for 10 yrs long residence category , you only need to attach 2 copy of photograph, passports and life in the uk test pass notification certificate with the completed SET(O) form. thats all
Please read SECTION 9 OF SET(O) FORM
10 years long residency is addressed under 9S AND 9S also refer you to produce documents in 9T

Since PK is a student through out the 10 years residency,that's why i mentioned PK should produce letters from colleges PK attended.if Pk failed to send this they will still write to request for them.

I am still learning too,i stand to be corrected on above submission

litu1

Post by litu1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:53 pm

aosun007 wrote:
Where did u get this information ? Check the SET(O) form and for 10 yrs long residence category , you only need to attach 2 copy of photograph, passports and life in the uk test pass notification certificate with the completed SET(O) form. thats all
Please read SECTION 9 OF SET(O) FORM
10 years long residency is addressed under 9S AND 9S also refer you to produce documents in 9T

Since PK is a student through out the 10 years residency,that's why i mentioned PK should produce letters from colleges PK attended.if Pk failed to send this they will still write to request for them.

I am still learning too,i stand to be corrected on above submission
Thats for 14 yrs.

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Please read the content of 9S of SECTION 9 very well especially the last sentence in that 9S.
it was stated that anyone applying for ILR as a result of 10 years residence should also produce documents in 9T
I stand to be corrected

litu1

Post by litu1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:05 pm

aosun007 wrote:Please read the content of 9S of SECTION 9 very well especially the last sentence in that 9S.
it was stated that anyone applying for ILR as a result of 10 years residence should also produce documents in 9T
I stand to be corrected
Please read it carefully ..... the last sentence is :

"You should also provide documents of the type listed in 9T below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any period(s) for which you are unable to provide a passport."

So, it means if you can not provide all of your passports then you need some supporting documents listed on 9T...

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks. BUT regarding my second query I'll be appreciated if someone advise me .

My second query was....

I asked SAR file from Home office where there is a list of dates consists of my application submission dates and visa issue dates .
On that list its written REJECT next to the date of 22nd december where as we were not refused rather than asking some more documents .

On 22nd December 2006 We submitted application for extention .
They return my application form asking few more documents on 18th jan 2007 giving us 28 days.
We resent the application on 13 th feb 2007 .That time visa was valid only until 31st Dec 2006.

On that list its written visa issued next to 13th Feb 2007 when we resent the same application.

I wonder is that gonna create any gap between 1st jan to 13 th jan as our visa was not valid this period .???
I dont know why the home office documents
showing reject where as we didnt get any refusal letter at all.

In my covering letter do I have to mention about that ?

Thanks in advance .

Nadia

PK
- thin ice -

covering letter

Post by PK » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 pm

What would be most appropriate to mention in my covering letter based on my case .

Thanks

spider man
Newly Registered

nothing to worry ..pk

Post by spider man » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Nadia..
dont worry at all about your SAR file are rejection type things.. these look u bigger but are very minor in ur case..as HO normly takes action if ur delays /gaps are more than 3 months or over.u can mention this if u like ,otherwise its not an issue.. the bif thing is that u have beeen here last 10 yrs consecutively and were out of uk for only 14 days.. that would be ur most strong point. just dont panic , gather all papers and apply for ILR , your all family would get that , trust me.... thanks.. imran

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 pm

aosun007 wrote:Please dont delay your being granted ILR in time
Get your ILR in time.
Good luck
you are wrong sir, its only for 14 years applicants.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm

PK wrote:On 22nd December 2006 We submitted application for extention .

If the application wasn't declared invalid, then you should still be covered under sections 3C and 3D.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

PK
- thin ice -

Re: nothing to worry ..pk

Post by PK » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:01 am

spider man wrote:Nadia..
dont worry at all about your SAR file are rejection type things.. these look u bigger but are very minor in ur case..as HO normly takes action if ur delays /gaps are more than 3 months or over.u can mention this if u like ,otherwise its not an issue.. the bif thing is that u have beeen here last 10 yrs consecutively and were out of uk for only 14 days.. that would be ur most strong point. just dont panic , gather all papers and apply for ILR , your all family would get that , trust me.... thanks.. imran
Thank you so much for your support

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:03 am

vinny wrote:
PK wrote:On 22nd December 2006 We submitted application for extention .

If the application wasn't declared invalid, then you should still be covered under sections 3C and 3D.

Thanks a lot vinny

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Hey guys

As previously mentioned, I enterd the UK on 25 Jan 2001. I am applying ILR on 4th Jan 2011 ( according to the rule I can apply 28 days before completeing qualifying period )

Is this OK?

I am applying because my wife andmy daughters visa is expiring in April and ILR takes long , so don't want to waste any time.

Any feed back is greatly appritiated.

Please respond ASAP

Many Many thanks

Any feed back is greatly appritiated.

Please respond ASAP

Many Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:31 am

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.