ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M) Postal Application via Checking Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabz_81

Set(M) Postal Application via Checking Service

Post by shabz_81 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Visa Issued: 16 Jan 2009
Date of entry: 30 Jan 2009
Visa Expiry: 16 April 2011
Completion of 2 year qualifying period: 30 Jan 2011
Application to be made: 6th Jan 2011. (28 days before completion of qualifying period)

Hi

My wife will be submitting her application for ILR Set M next week. We've booked the settlement checking service to submit the application. My wife is from Pakistan and I am a British citizen by birth and we also have a baby son who was born last year.

Here is what we are submitting to support our application:

1) Cover letter from my wife and myself - a brief overview of the 2 years.
- Completed ILR (Set M Form)
- Passport photographs - 2 of wife and 1 of myself

2) ESOL Unit Pass certificate and covering letter from the institution as per requirements. Also a list of different online short courses completed with dates at the college.

3) Documents - 10 to cover over the 2 years. I know they specify 6 but the only way to provide evidence for cohabitation is to give 10 over the 2 year period. We only have 2 letters in joint names. 1 for a bank account and other is for HMRC Tax Credits notification, i'm not sure if this is going to be a problem. Anyway here is the list:
- Gas bill addressed in wifes name
- Electric bill addressed in wifes name
- Registration of a society (linked to job) renewal letter in my name
- Confirmation of NI number letter from jobcentreplus for wife
- HMRC letter for Child Tax Credits addressed in joint names.
- NHS Hospital letter for Maternity Scan for wife.
- Council Tax Bill for 2010 in my name
- NHS Hospital letter in my name
- NHS Blood and Transplant Donor letter in wifes name
- Bank Statement for a joint account in both names.

4) Last 3 months bank statements for my employment
- Last 2 bank statements in joint bank account
Last 4 wage slips in my name (plus letter from my employer confirming job title etc besides other details)

5) Our Marriage certificates (Foreign and English Translation)

6) Wifes Passport, My British Passport Old and new which was recently renewed due to photograph change. I have included the old passport as it shows all entry, exit stamps in relation to my marriage. But not sure whether it is needed...can anyone confirm??

7) Other documents I am wanting to submit include:
- My P60 for 2009-10
- My full UK birth certificate
- Son's Full UK Birth Certficate
- Family photograph of 3 of us.

That is all for now. I would be grateful if anyone can make any suggestions or inform me of anything which is not required or is over the requirements for this application.

P.S. All documents will be seen copied and returned to us by the settlement checking service staff. Apart from my wifes passport.

Thank You :)
Regards,
Shabz_81

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi Shabz,

I see your about to make a postal application, however just to make you aware if your visa takes 6 months or so and the fee increases or application form goes out of date while you are waiting it could invalidate it and your documents returned. Personally, I would recommend you to do a in person application yes its more money to pay out but its more safer for you if you have the money as ILR is a 1 time only situation.

Just dont want another bro going down the drain like we are facing.

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:43 pm

You will only be charged the increased fees if your original application is considered to be invalid.
The best way I can describe this is, imagine you purchase something online or by post for £20 but for whatever reason the payment doesn't go through and the order isn't processed. The money isn't taken from your bank account. A few months later on you haven't received the goods and the Company confirm they didn't process your order. They suggest that you place a new order, but as the price of the goods has increased, they insist that you will need to pay the current price.

aa123

Post by aa123 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:34 am

If its your wife ILR you dont need to send your old passport, the current one is fine, they are not interested in the british citizen travel movements.

You dont need to include your birth certificate if your british,or family photos.

Dont forget this is your wife's ILR not yours?

aa123

Post by aa123 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:39 am

Azim, your situation is different, have you checked fully that you put the correct bank details? name spelt as per bank account?
But did you not have a problem with your wife's set m from the beginning?before this payment processing problem?