ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying early. Will i get appeal rights ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

digitalrev

Applying early. Will i get appeal rights ?

Post by digitalrev » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:23 pm

my PSW will be expired in September 2011 and I am planning to apply for tier 1 middle of February.

my lawyer friend said if anything goes wrong 'I wont get appeal rights' . because i still have so many months visa remained and i have to do fresh application again .

is it right ??

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Applications for Tier 1 closed December 23rd, unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're probably applying In-Country. Still, I don't think you'll have much of a chance applying that late.

litu1

Post by litu1 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 pm

MattDell wrote:Applications for Tier 1 closed December 23rd, unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're probably applying In-Country. Still, I don't think you'll have much of a chance applying that late.
How could you say that ??? Also you didn't get the question he asked.

vinny

Re: Applying early. Will i get appeal rights ?

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 pm

digitathlrev wrote:my PSW will be expired in September 2011 and I am planning to apply for tier 1 middle of February.

my lawyer friend said if anything goes wrong 'I wont get appeal rights' . because i still have so many months visa remained and i have to do fresh application again .

is it right ??
Yes, your friend is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 am

You wont get right of appeal. Your lawyer is right.

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:43 am

digitalrev wrote:my PSW will be expired in September 2011 and I am planning to apply for tier 1 middle of February.

is it right ??
That thinking is pointless. If you qualify for Tier1, apply as soon as possible. In September, there wont be any Tier1 to switch to! (so appeal OR no appeal, apply now!)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 am

Good point.
Tier 1 (General) is now closed to applications from abroad wrote:Tier 1 (General) will remain open to applicants who are already in the UK until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements for some in-country applicants beyond 6 April 2011, and we will announce details of these in due course.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:49 pm

NeoZ wrote:That thinking is pointless. If you qualify for Tier1, apply as soon as possible. In September, there wont be any Tier1 to switch to! (so appeal OR no appeal, apply now!)
digitalrev wrote:my PSW will be expired in September 2011 and I am planning to apply for tier 1 middle of February.

regards