ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- PSW Visa application and old version of form

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

capitalcity
Newly Registered

Urgent- PSW Visa application and old version of form

Post by capitalcity » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:50 pm

I posted my visa application (Version11/10) on 14 Dec- morning, without knowing about the changes made on 14 Dec. I had downloaded the application form only a couple of days earlier and now I find that I should have rather used version 12/10. The weird thing is as long as until 12 Dec, when I downloaded the form, there was the older version in the UKBA website. I completed the form and waited for two days to post, as I was waiting for my statement to arrive. I think I have used 12.10.2010 in the signature areas of the application. As I said earlier, I posted it on 14 Dec and the UKBA received the application on 15 Dec.

They have acknowledged the receipt, but they have not asked me to make appointment for biometric details. I have done my MA from a reputed University and there are no other flaws in my application. My visa expires on 31 Dec 2010. Should I worry about my PSW application being turned down because of the technically older version of the application? What should I do if that happens? I would really appreciate your help.

Regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:13 pm

fill out "change of circumstances" form at your earliest...

complete the new form.

mention in your covering letter, that all the supporting docs are already sent to UKBA and that you are just making sure correct app form is used.

do this preferably today, and special delivery it. they probably wont process any applications until next tuesday so, you have few days to retify things.

dont wait any longer....

regards

ps. keep your receipts etc. they might come handy. and only use royal mail special delivery because the date of the postage is the date that matters, unlike courier service, when its the date received by ukba which would be 3rd jan or something.

chidak

Post by chidak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Please I also submitted old version of psw form.. Please do you think that sending the new form using HO change of circumstance form is the right thing to do? Please is there anyone that has done such thing? Please somebody ...Help..........

chidak

Post by chidak » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 pm

.... The change of circumstance address is shelfield while PSw form is Durham....
How would your caseworker in Durham gets the application form.?

fasyelectronic
BANNED

Post by fasyelectronic » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:00 pm

hi

old form is fine till 4th of jan

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-guidance

cheers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

chidak wrote:.... The change of circumstance address is shelfield while PSw form is Durham....
How would your caseworker in Durham gets the application form.?
your original application itself gets transferred to different offices in uk, even though you have sent it to durham. trust ukba and YES its right thing to do. beside, are you in a postion to NOT send change of circum. form and risk rejection?

regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:38 pm

fasyelectronic wrote:hi

old form is fine till 4th of jan

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-guidance

cheers
good spot.

regards