ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what I should do ? Am I banned ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamdakool
Newly Registered

what I should do ? Am I banned ?

Post by iamdakool » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Restructured - I hope this helps to understand my position at the moment

**Entered UK legally on 17th decemember 2005 on student visa
**Got 2 extensions
**Attended 3 courses, 2 out of which were attended at university,successfully completed
**Had valid visa till 31st october 2009
--as my supporting my documents were delayed cause of postal strike
--application reached home office on 4th november
**got refused on 20th feb 2010
--on 2 grounds , the remaining fees which was due at university wasn't shown in my account, cause I misunderstood the clause about established student
--no right of appeal of within country... as the application was made out of time
--the fees which they asked me to show in account,were already paid to university as installments
**contacted law firm for legal advice
--as it wasn't possible for me to fly back in mid of semester to get a visa & come back
--made a fresh application, on 12th march 2010
--showed the proof that money has already being paid to university
--along with my progress report on the course
--University refused to issue me CAS letter, as they said I didn't have within country right of appeal
--instead issued me letter which stated that I am full time student, my dues are fully paid
--all the relevent details were provided to prove that my sponour always had money to fund me
**got refused on 26th may 2010
--this time on ground that I didn't submit CAS letter
--contacted law firm to see if I can challenge the desicion in court
--meanwhile I recieved my result for my final year, I have passed
**opted to leave the country
--contacted on the given number instead of challenging the desicion in court
--the removal team told me they will get back to me
--when they didn't get back I contacted them again
--at the same time I posted a letter to home office , that I had no intention to over stay,the delay is taking cause of the process
--when I was finally inline with removal team, I asked them my eduational doucments should be given back to me 1st
--& letter which states that they are holding my passport, as my passport has expired with them, I will be needing a travel doucment to fly home
** I was told that, by the eton house, case handler, that she have put good remarks on my file, as if I ever try again for visa application that would help
-- also issued me letter that I left the country with my own will
** At airpot immigration person was surprised that I had that letter, he asked me who issued me this , I said home office whoelse
-- he said I was free to go no further question asked
**Finally left the country on 17th july 2010

During my stay, I completed 4 courses successfully & attended 3 of those from the same university

1 yr Diploma It ( college)
1 yr Craft Studies Diploma - bakery ( University )
2 yr Foundation Degree - Baking Technology Management (university)
BA (hons) Businesss Management ( university) as top-up year

Now I don't know if I am banned or not, where should I contact to find this out

-- as I have completed my uk degree that should make me eligable for post study work visa

** I might come at same university for another top-up year, as I meet the requirement of the course
-- BSc ( Hons) Food & Design Technology (Top-up year)

but I am not sure about my status
Last edited by iamdakool on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Were you not able to post the (student extension) application because of a postal strike? Or were you not able to post your (student extension) application because you could not arrange for supporting documentary evidence(s) (e.g. - bank statements) in time due to the postal strike?

If the former, a proof of posting and this guidance (page 27/52) may be of help. If the latter, the blame is yours for submitting an out-of-time application.

Was the extension application refused only because it was out-of-time application or also because you failed to meet any other requirements for extension?

regards

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 pm

sushdmehta, you should get a medal for reading this horribly formatted message :o

iamdakool
Newly Registered

Post by iamdakool » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:50 pm

may be I should restructure my story , to get proper feedback .. .sorry

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:23 am

Do you mean to say that you got two degree in 4 years from the same university?

If you wish to know your status you will need to write to HO asking for what is on your files, (freedom of info act) otherwise you can apply then face a rejections perhaps. However if you have proof of postage and so on to reflect the postal strike and so on then you have evidence that you did not apply late in the 1st round.

iamdakool
Newly Registered

Post by iamdakool » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 am

skyepark wrote:Do you mean to say that you got two degree in 4 years from the same university?

If you wish to know your status you will need to write to HO asking for what is on your files, (freedom of info act) otherwise you can apply then face a rejections perhaps. However if you have proof of postage and so on to reflect the postal strike and so on then you have evidence that you did not apply late in the 1st round.
I've restructured my story, well the delay was caused as I was collecting supporting documents which were effected cause of postal strike ... I don't have record that my bank statements from lloyds went missing cause of that ... but lloyds must have record that I ordered bank statements on so so date....

do you mean that I can write to home office asking them whats on my file?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:10 am

It's likely that there is a ban.

See also SAR file.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iamdakool
Newly Registered

Post by iamdakool » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 am

RFL5.11 320 (7B) and students refused LTR after 1 September 2007 wrote:An applicant should not be refused under 320 (7B) for previously overstaying in the UK if they were refused leave to remain as a student solely on the basis that they had made an out of time application (AECIP 2/2008 refers).
can someone explain me this?