ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in Europe?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shishank
Newly Registered

Working in Europe?

Post by shishank » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:29 am

Hello,

Please let me know what are the restrictions of working in Europe for short period of time while holding Tier 1 G dependent visa? How long we can work outside UK?

Do we require a separate visa for it? And if so, which visa is that?

Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Without knowing what country you have in mind an answer will not be possible. Generally, you will have to follow the immigration procedure for a work/residence permit of that particular country. Also, will this be an intra-company transfer or an independent endevaour?

shishank
Newly Registered

Post by shishank » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Well I was looking to join a firm in UK who have work all across UK and Europe and you might have to travel to European countries for short term assignments like three months or so. Please let me know if I can travel for long times outside UK? I have recently taken Tier 1 G dependent visa and was wondering how it works if I am provided an assignemnt outside UK.

Thanks

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 pm

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Depending on the EU member state and on certain requirements a so called "van der Elst" visa may be possible. A Schengen C type visa for business travellers may be possible too. For countries outside the EU check with their embassy etc.

I have no idea what the residence requirements for Tier 1G dependants are. Ask in the appropriate subforum?