ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel after ilr granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sally1

travel after ilr granted

Post by sally1 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Pls help again - just two questions:
i was given my ilr earlier this month and i and my baby are now travelling back home as i have not seen my family for just over 2 yrs and also for them to see my baby for the first time my question is:

is there anything i need to be aware of when i re-enter the UK ie should i carry anything else(documents etc) besides obvious things like passport?my baby is a British Citizen...
and
on my return which que should i go through the UK nationals (as per my babys ppt or other nationals as per my ppt?)

thanks again

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:01 pm

Sally, congratulations on the ILR!

Some people have "got away with it" and gone through the EEA/Swiss channel with their ILR but it is probably best to "play by the rules" and join the other queue .... because of your passport. There is no problem a British Citizen ... your child ... being with you in that queue.

After I realised that it was not a problem .... this is before my wife and step-daughter got their British Passports ... all three of us would join the non-EEA/Swiss queue and go through immigration together. That was particularly great on one occasion .... arriving back at Birmingham airport on a charter flight from Lanzarote. Long queue for EEA/Swiss ... only us in the other queue!

Sally, you will still need to complete a Landing Card.

Of course it will all be so different when you get naturalised as British!
John

sally1

Post by sally1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:11 am

John
thanks for your reply.

Do i need to carry any other documents with me or will the passport with the ILR suffice?

thanks again

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:13 am

Sally
Passport with ILR is sufficient.

Also note that in some places ( Heathrow terminal 4 for example) there is a separate line for "Uk residents" specifically for people with ILR and this is usually the shortest of the lot.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:04 am

if you are with a baby you will be able to jump the queue