ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

clarification of T1(inside UK) process on UKBA web

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maisy
Newly Registered

clarification of T1(inside UK) process on UKBA web

Post by maisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:20 am

Just called them and ask if they have moved backward, the lady who's responsible for checking process after 14 weeks told me she has no specific knowledge of it but believes it's an error, as they generally do not move backward.

before christmas, they published the following

During the week commencing 20 Dec 2010, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 2 Nov 2010.

However, it now shows below

During the week commencing 3 January 2011, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 26 October 2010.
does it mean that they are far behind schedule during the last two weeks and fail to reach the target? or it could be a typo?
Last edited by maisy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alipa

Re: tier1 general (inside UK) application process on UKBA we

Post by alipa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 am

maisy wrote:before christmas, they published the following

During the week commencing 20 Dec 2010, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 2 Nov 2010.

During the week commencing 3 January 2011, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 26 October 2010.
does it mean that they are far behind schedule during the last two weeks and fail to reach the target? or it could be a typo?
Please share source?

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:50 am

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:56 am

silverTR wrote:pls check this topic http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69347
Isn't that topic relevant to out of country applications? Or did I get it wrong?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maisy
Newly Registered

Re: tier1 general (inside UK) application process on UKBA we

Post by maisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:13 pm

alipa wrote:
maisy wrote:before christmas, they published the following

Please share source?

the source is

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:19 pm

push wrote:
silverTR wrote:pls check this topic http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69347
Isn't that topic relevant to out of country applications? Or did I get it wrong?
sorry my bad.

Clarification :)
in country
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/ will be the source of waiting times..

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60576 is for out of country waiting times..

maisy
Newly Registered

Post by maisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:21 pm

from what i remember , they were processing application received on and before 22nd Oct during the week starts from 13th Dec.

If the recent update is correct, processing applications received on and before 26th Oc during the week starts from 3rd Jan.

It means they only have processed 2 days' delivery ( 23 and 25 only ad 24 is Sunday and hence no delivery) within 3 weeks ?? ( 13 working days)

can it be possible??

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

maisy wrote:from what i remember , they were processing application received on and before 22nd Oct during the week starts from 13th Dec.

If the recent update is correct, processing applications received on and before 26th Oc during the week starts from 3rd Jan.

It means they only have processed 2 days' delivery ( 23 and 25 only ad 24 is Sunday and hence no delivery) within 3 weeks ?? ( 13 working days)

can it be possible??
Dont have the insider information but its quite possible give the surge in the no of applications. In fact the aggregate cap figure till March 2011 was already reached 3.5 months in advance per UKBA's announcements.
regards,
push

maisy
Newly Registered

Post by maisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm

push wrote:
maisy wrote:from what i remember , they were processing application received on and before 22nd Oct during the week starts from 13th Dec.

can it be possible??
Dont have the insider information but its quite possible give the surge in the no of applications. In fact the aggregate cap figure till March 2011 was already reached 3.5 months in advance per UKBA's announcements.

i thought outside of country applications are processed in the country of application, and home office ( shieffield, called home office call center and confirmed this is the office which is responsible for tier 1 post) here should be dealing with in country ( which has no limit restriction) applications only, have i got this wrong ? :roll:

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:22 pm

maisy wrote:
push wrote:

can it be possible??

i thought outside of country applications are processed in the country of application, and home office ( shieffield, called home office call center and confirmed this is the office which is responsible for tier 1 post) here should be dealing with in country ( which has no limit restriction) applications only, have i got this wrong ? :roll:
Nope, you haven't but I have, because of a similar thread on out of country apps. I stand corrected.
regards,
push

maisy
Newly Registered

Post by maisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:15 pm

push wrote:
maisy wrote:
push wrote:

can it be possible??

Nope, you haven't but I have, because of a similar thread on out of country apps. I stand corrected.
in that case, i guess i still have slim chance of getting my passport back next week~~~ :roll:

maisy
Newly Registered

Post by maisy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Updated. hope some one gets his/her passport back today.

dylan

Post by dylan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:12 am

maisy wrote:Updated. hope some one gets his/her passport back today.
what do u mean by updated?

maisy
Newly Registered

Post by maisy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 pm

dylan wrote:
Updated my post, see the change of my original post___called home office etc

dylan

Post by dylan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:03 pm

maisy wrote:
dylan wrote:
Updated my post, see the change of my original post___called home office etc
got it :wink: