ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help: Filed on Dec 09, 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bk150999
Newly Registered

Need Help: Filed on Dec 09, 2010

Post by bk150999 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:15 am

Hi,

I applied in Tier-1 General on Dec 09, 2010 from Hyderabad, India.
I m seeing some replies that people who filed in Dec, 2010 got some official communication/Visa from UKBA.
I haven't received any communication from UK and feeling little tense; as this could be the last chance for me to get into UK as the immigration rules are getting changed.
When I checked against my application in UK BA website status is as below:
"Visa application is under process at the British High Commission".

Can anybody please help me how long will it take for an application to get processed?

-Arjun.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:25 am

The cap was reached for December and it was announced on 7 December if I remember correctly. Therefore they have stopped issuing visas until January 2011 (even after the cap was deemed unlawful and Tier 1 (G) was closed for overseas applicants).

I believe that the reason some (incl myself) are getting official communication, is that we submitted our applications online in the first instance and secondly, it could very well be that different High Commissions around the world have slightly different processes.

Processing should resume on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in lieu of 1 January at most posts around the world).