ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried ..Need some advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukukukuk2011

Worried ..Need some advice

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 am

Hi ,

I am on ILR and should be able to apply for Naturilisation as of now .
i work as a software consultant for a big MNC .

The problem which is haunting me is the below :

In the past 1 year , i was stopped and warned by police almost 3 times .

a) once at a pub , my friends & i had a very bad fight with another group of drunks and ended up beating and bleeding . Police took my details and let us off with a warning .

b) Once at cinemas , had a fight with a person who was not getting up from my seat . The problem is i lost cool and hit him and again police was called . Again this time i was warned after they took my details .

c) Third time again unfortunately again i ended in trouble with a group of homeless who threw a beer can on my friends clothes and we hit them and again , police came and warned me and took details .

My worry is all the time police collected my details and thus i think they will have a bad Marker indicated for me in database? .But please note none of the issues were started by me . but every time they warned they never mentioned my older warning ..

So what i am worried is will they keep these warning details in database and will it affect my naturilisation .

I am so worried that now a days i never hang out after 6 pm ...just that i dont want get into trouble again untill my red passport .

Can somebody please advice if this will affect my naturilisation application ....

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:39 pm

For a software consultant you seem to be getting involved in too many fights :roll:

To your question - if you were not told by police that you are going to be charged I don't think you have too much to worry about. You have also nothing to declare in the AN form since you are not going to be charged and obviosuly have no conviction.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:44 pm

I would stop hitting people if I were you. There are anger management courses you can go on.

If you get a conviction, and a prison sentence, UKBA could still consider you for deportation even though you have ILR. If you get a non-custodial sentence that could bar you from Naturalisation until the conviction is spent.

At the moment you are clear, it appears you have been lucky.

ukukukuk2011

Thanks

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for that .
Yes i have learnt a lesson not to indulge in such stuffs.

applying for it this thursday ..Just hoping all goes well ..