ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application still in "...received for processing"

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ParanoidAndroid
Newly Registered

Application still in "...received for processing"

Post by ParanoidAndroid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

I applied online for a Tier 1 (General) Visa on 23 November and did the biometric appointment at the VFS center in Cape Town, South Africa on 26 November. My application's status is still "The visa
application received for processing at the British High Commission" on the VFS web site.

Is this normal? One other forum member, mulderpf, applied at a different center in South Africa and his status changed to "...under process..." within a few days. I'm worried that it hasn't even been looked at.

To add another wrinkle, VFS made a mistake in capturing my details on their tracking system. At first I couldn't see my application's status and after some investigation they discovered that they'd captured the wrong birth date for my reference number. They assured me it wouldn't affect the progress of the actual application but the fact that my application is still "stuck" in the forwarded status makes me worry.

I'd appreciate your thoughts or past experiences on this...

etrade

Post by etrade » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 pm

try to contact the british high commision in ur country asap regarding ur concern.

sleek082
Newly Registered

Post by sleek082 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 am

Hi

I applied in December at VFS Pretoria and my status is the same as yours.
Did you get an email from UK Embassy about the delay in process of Tier 1 visas?

ParanoidAndroid
Newly Registered

Post by ParanoidAndroid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 am

sleek082 wrote:Hi

I applied in December at VFS Pretoria and my status is the same as yours.
Did you get an email from UK Embassy about the delay in process of Tier 1 visas?
Hi,

Yes, I received the email about the November limit shortly after applying.

I just spoke to VFS and they confirm that the status is "...received for processing...", but they don't seem to see the difference between that status and the "...under process..." status.