ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rebekah_cardiff
Newly Registered

visitor visa query

Post by rebekah_cardiff » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi, thanks for reading. i really hope someone can give us some advice!

My query is, on the ukba website it says on the visitor visa page that a person using a visitor's visa can change their visitor status to another status as long as they fit the criteria of the other status. Does anyone know if we could change child visitor status to dependant relative?

Thanks very much

I also posted this on the family visa's thread as i wasn't sure which thread it should be in- sorry :?

push
United Kingdom

Re: visitor visa query

Post by push » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

rebekah_cardiff wrote:Hi, thanks for reading. i really hope someone can give us some advice!

My query is, on the ukba website it says on the visitor visa page that a person using a visitor's visa can change their visitor status to another status as long as they fit the criteria of the other status. Does anyone know if we could change child visitor status to dependant relative?

Thanks very much

I also posted this on the family visa's thread as i wasn't sure which thread it should be in- sorry :?
What is the man applicant's visa status in UK?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rebekah_cardiff
Newly Registered

Post by rebekah_cardiff » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi,

The two visitor's are children who are unable to return home due to a crisis situation. They are staying with my husband and i, who are both british nationals.

thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 pm

Are they the children of the British nationals, or related in another way? If not the children what is the relationship? What is their nationality and what (briefly) is the crisis situation? Where are their parents?

You may want to re-post this is the thread for family members.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I have just read your other threads. I wouldn't advice using deception in an application for entry clearance. One of the things that visitors have to show is that they intend to return and have strong ties to their home country to make that likely. If they are intending to settle, they should apply overseas. You may want proper legal advice.

This appears to be the right link to what you need on the UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... ptedchild/