ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General REFUSED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

generaltier1

Tier1 General REFUSED

Post by generaltier1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,

First working day of the year and i get a bad bews from my solicitor that my application for Tier 1 Gen has been refused on the grounds that I got zero points by HO on my education (PGDBA).

I applied on 19th October 2010 and my fee was deducted on 22nd October 2010.

Can anyone please confirm to me since when HO has stopped giving points on PGDs and PGCs?

Prior to this PGDBA from UK, I hav 2 graduation degrees from Pakistan

etrade

hi there

Post by etrade » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am

i think the rules for pgd changed from 15th oct 2010....but thing is that ur consultant should not submitted ur case after that date with pgd.....

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 am

u r right...my consultant shudnt hav submitted the case...but he says that rules changed in mid november which i dont think is correct :( that is why i wana know the exact date for chane of rules ...

any idea what shud be my further course of action????

dylan

Re: Tier1 General REFUSED

Post by dylan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 am

generaltier1 wrote:Hi,

First working day of the year and i get a bad bews from my solicitor that my application for Tier 1 Gen has been refused on the grounds that I got zero points by HO on my education (PGDBA).

Can anyone please confirm to me since when HO has stopped giving points on PGDs and PGCs?

I think since 12 Oct they are asking for a letter from NARIC for PGDs. By the way how long can you stay in the UK after the refusal?

etrade

Post by etrade » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

i think u should go for administrative review(cause thts free)..and if again refused...then put a fresh application( as u r in uk and u can apply till 5th of april)and this time produce naric letter of comparability...good luck

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:18 pm

hi all,

thnx for ur valuable feedback...

my consultant is still not agreeing that laws changed on 12th or 15th october :(

what is an administrative review?? is it an appeal?

also, i have a degree equal to ordinary bachelors degree in the uk, is that sufficient qualification?

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 pm

read this

seems all a bit vague , the date that is

http://www.uk-wp.com/2010/10/20/new-ukb ... -diplomas/

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm

thnx alot :)

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 General REFUSED

Post by push » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

generaltier1 wrote:Hi,

Did you check the PBS calculator? I randomly checked some PG Diploma courses on the PBS calculator and it awards no points for the qualification. This is a snapshot of UKBA's website on 16th Oct 2010 and it clearly says:
How qualifications are assessed
Points are only awarded for a qualification which is assessed and recognised by the National Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC) to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a bachelor's or master's degree or a PhD in the UK.

The points-based calculator contains information from UK NARIC on the equivalency of overseas qualifications. We will always use the calculator to assess the qualifications you use.

If you cannot find your academic qualifications on the points-based calculator, you may still wish to claim points for it. If so, you should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. You can find a link to the UK NARIC website on the right of this page. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible. It may charge a fee for confirming qualifications.

If UK NARIC cannot confirm the equivalence of your qualification, we will not award points for it. In this case, you may wish to use an alternative qualification if you have one.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

thnx Push

unfortunately i relied solely on my consultant and dint chk it myself before submitting....last i chkd was in early october and HO was giving points on PGDBA

looks like the law was amended on 15th october 2010 .... any idea if a foreign degree equal to an ordinary bachelors degree in uk is sufficient for tier 1?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:22 pm

generaltier1 wrote:thnx Push

unfortunately i relied solely on my consultant and dint chk it myself before submitting....last i chkd was in early october and HO was giving points on PGDBA

looks like the law was amended on 15th october 2010 .... any idea if a foreign degree equal to an ordinary bachelors degree in uk is sufficient for tier 1?
Yes it is as long as the PBS calculator awards you the requisite points.
regards,
push

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 pm

hmmm thnxxx

problem is that the exaxt name of my degree is not thr....i hav done a 3 years bachelor in law from karachi university .... its not showing in the list though i have chkd with UK NARIC on phone and they hav confirmed that the degree is equivalent to an ordinary bachelors british degree

CONFUSION CONFUSION!!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm

generaltier1 wrote:hmmm thnxxx

problem is that the exaxt name of my degree is not thr....i hav done a 3 years bachelor in law from karachi university .... its not showing in the list though i have chkd with UK NARIC on phone and they hav confirmed that the degree is equivalent to an ordinary bachelors british degree

CONFUSION CONFUSION!!!!
If you cant find your degree on the PBS then you can get a letter from NARIC.
86. For academic qualifications, if the applicant cannot find details of his/her
qualification on the points based calculator, he/she may still wish to claim points for it. If so, he/she should contact UK NARIC directly for an assessment of the level of the qualification and, if UK NARIC confirms it
is of the required level, obtain a letter and/or confirmation certificate from UK NARIC. Contact details for UK NARIC are on its website at http://www.naric.org.uk. UK NARIC may charge a fee for confirming qualifications.
regards,
push

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 pm

thnxx

looks like m pretty clear than from whr i had started

1) Rules regarding non-acceptance of PGDs and PGCs were "supposedly" implemented from 12th October 2010 via an update on the UKBA website on 15th October 2010 (which has been taken off from the website)

2) A foreign degree equivalent to a British ordinary bachelors degree is eligible to score points for tier 1

3) Since my particular course isnt in the list i need to get a letter / statement from NARIC

Apart from the above, i guess i dont need to take an english language test as i can show my PGD from UK as an additional qualification as a proof of my English Language skills

pls correct me if i am wrong anywhr else i guess the summary shud be useful for anyone with similar scenario

many many thnx for all ur support fellow members and moderators..

etrade

Post by etrade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 am

its always preferable to do ielts (with overall 6.5 band)..and u can do general ielts instead of acedemic) .....general ielts is comparatively easier than academic ielts....

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am

I have just checked on points calculator, its still giving points for PGDBA,
Does it means now anyone applying for Tier 1 (incountry) with UK PGDBA need to take NARIC letter of equivalency,

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 am

Everyone keeps saying that PGD's and PGC are not accepted anymore. This is not completely true. My understanding is that on PGD's and PGC's of institutes who were self-awarding were removed. E.g. if you have XYZ College in London who designed their own PGD course then there is no standard and there is nothing to compare the qualification to.

However, the bigger universities who actually have and adhere to quality standards still have their qualifications on there.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 am

Well said ... :o

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 am

Did have you checked whether the points calculator giving you any points for your PGDBA