ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor visa for widow mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VIVESING022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

sponsor visa for widow mother

Post by VIVESING022 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi,

Wishing all the readers of Immigrationboards.com a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Few months back I have migrated to UK on Tier-1 Visa. Recently my spouse has joined me in UK. I am employed in UK and maintaining good bank balance. Sooner or later I want to call my mother (currently in India) on family visitor visa and will be sponsering her completely.

My mother is widow aged over 65, is emotionally and financially dependent on me. I am the only child of my parent. I regularly transfer her money from UK to India for her expenses.

She has one property in India. I dont want to disclose it to UKBA because once I attain the ILR I want to apply dependent visa for her.

I very closely follow your forum and have read somewhere in your forum that if I show that she has a property and income from other sources then UKBA will have no problem in issuing her family visa but after 5 year down the line when I will apply for dependent visa, UKBA will reject her application by saying she is not financially dependent on me.

I am confused, should I disclose her property while applying for family visa for her. If I hide the fact then UKBA might reject her application thinking that she doesnt have any bonding in India so she might not come back.

Hope I am able to express my concern. Please guide me so that I dont get dishearten later.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards,
Vivek