ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation for Biometric details for PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chidak

Invitation for Biometric details for PSW

Post by chidak » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am

Please has anyone that applied for psw on and after 14th Dec received invitation letter from HO for biometric details.....?
I have received my acknowledge letter but not the letter for biometrics.....

bethnalblue

Re: Invitation for Biometric details for PSW

Post by bethnalblue » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm

chidak wrote:Please has anyone that applied for psw on and after 14th Dec received invitation letter from HO for biometric details.....?
I have received my acknowledge letter but not the letter for biometrics.....
Be patience understanding the fact that December had quite a few holidays.

chidak

Post by chidak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm stlll worried, my visa will expire on the 17th january and I haven't got the invitation for biometrics. Please I dont want to be an overstayer... Please what will happen if i receive my application after 17th and am refused the visa... will HO say that am overstayer....? please am afraid and worried

sanz
Newly Registered

Post by sanz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 am

chidak wrote:I'm stlll worried, my visa will expire on the 17th january and I haven't got the invitation for biometrics.
Its fine, no need to worry. I have applied after 14 Dec and haven't heard anything from HO regarding Biometric details. I think that we will receive a invitation letter for booking appointment to register Biometric details once our application is processed by a case worker, currently they are considering applications that were received on or before 29 November 2010.

fasyelectronic
BANNED

Post by fasyelectronic » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 am

hi guys

i posted my application on 15th of dec and recieved letter for biometrics on 7th of jan, do u guys think recieving biometric invitation so early can be a sign of any problem?
plz shed some light on this matter .....

cheers

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi guys,

Home office send ack letter before they get the fees to confirm receipt of application, n letter for biometrics after they get the fees.
sending a letter for biometrics doesn't mean that caseworker is analysing the case.

A caseworker only work on a case when he/she have got all docs. and information, one of which is biometrics details after 14 December.

Homeoffice itself says.."we can only discuss your application if you have applied 14 weeks before in case no biometrics required or if your case requires biometrics then we can only discuss your case if you have given your biometrics 14 weeks ago"

it means they start working on case only after biometrics details has been given.
Sourabh Bhola

sanz
Newly Registered

Post by sanz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:43 am

You were right ersourabhbhola about biometrics invitation. I received it on 15th Jan almost 15 days after receiving acknowledgement letter.

chidak

Post by chidak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm

am still waiting for my own invitation...am now worried... I don't know whether the delay is a sign that there is problem or ..........God please help me!!

chidak

Post by chidak » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 pm

i just got my biometric letter today.. dated 12th january..will go on wednessday for biometrics

navi85sin
Newly Registered

biometric letter

Post by navi85sin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 am

i applied on 23 december,
my balance taken on 4 jan and i got biometric letter on 17 january

well i gave my detail on 18 jan,
they told me biometric office will be contacting me.
is that any thing i have to do ? now.

and what is the possible time after giving biometric details to get visa

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi chidak and navi85sin,

when you guys got your ack. letters because i applied with you guys only, but my ack letter got delayed, i hope this will not be the case with my biometric invitation.
Sourabh Bhola

watsinaname
Newly Registered

Post by watsinaname » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Is their any condition that ur supposed to take ur BRP within so n so date after receiving the BRP invitation?

I havent got my BRP mail yet..

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 pm

yeah, they ask to give details within 15 days of date on invitation letter. my friend got it for tier-4 extension, but i guess biometric rules are same.
Sourabh Bhola

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 pm

They give you 15 working dayd to make the appointment, not 15 working days to attend an appoinment.

chidak

Post by chidak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm

@ersourabhbhola
I got my ack.letter on 30th Dec dated 23rd Dec and my biometric invitation on 17th jan dated 12th Jan..
Dont worry you will get yours soon

chidak

Post by chidak » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Do you know that I now wear size 10 instead of size 12 in 6 weeks just because am worried about my psw (anyone that wants to lose clothes size should just apply for psw ..lol)? I can tell what time the postman comes everyday... I check this forum every time for new updates, I check UKBA website for processing time and each time I clicked the site I always hope that the processing time will be fast just for my application to processed the next day ......God please make Home office to grant me this visa and save me from worries.........
Please who knows when to expect ones visa after given biometric details......?

navi85sin
Newly Registered

processing time after biometric details

Post by navi85sin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm

hi,

if anyone knows whats the processing time after the biometric invitation,

how much long it will take to get visa reply.

hope so chidak will read this :)

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 pm

i think its different for all, for some it takes 2 days for some more than 20....but i think average is 10-12 days......
Sourabh Bhola

navi85sin
Newly Registered

hi after biometric invitation

Post by navi85sin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:03 pm

hi,

yes i also came to know the same thing, but why it takes 2 days for some and for some 10 to 12 days.

well i think might be that rules have been changed as earlier biometric details where given after visa processing is sucessfull but after 14 dec.
they take biometric first and than case handler will handle the case...

well i have given my biometric on 19 jan 2010 till now got nothing.

and the psw waiting time on website is not getting updated it still says 17 jan.....

ersourabhbhola

Post by ersourabhbhola » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Forget about processing time on website, it is there only to misguide and ukba is not even bothered to update it on time. i have heard and seen many cases which do not resemble to these processing times. Once it was saying on week commencing from 14 june we will process applications received on or before 25 May, my friend who applied on 5th june, got passport on 18 June, but on those days no biometrics were required, and after ack letter directly passport used to come. and many more cases like that, they used to sent passport in 10-15 days.

I think still they ask for biometrics only after analysing application, because if it is not successful, where will they store information, no brp to be issued..lolz.......
the present delays in returing passports are due to :
1.backlog because of 2 weeks holidays during Christmas/new year
2. rush of applications because of questions on psw after march
3. Most of students get results during this time-period, during nov to feb maximum students apply for psw
Sourabh Bhola

navi85sin
Newly Registered

right

Post by navi85sin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 pm

@ersourabhbhola

u are right but for biometric details

i think they want to check whether the person is same as in the forms or not.

if they process the visa before biometric and in case biometric detail is not correct the time is wasted for case handlers.

so to sort this they have added the biometric before visa processing and they will be sending the card after getting visa approval.

chidak

Post by chidak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks for all your comments

@ersourabhbhola, you are right but I also think that ones waiting time depends on the number of files (application) ones case worker has. I know many people that sent their application this january and have done their biometric... I quess why their processing is fast is because their case-worker has got less applicaton to work on.........(am just giving myself possible reason)

@navi85sin.. UKBA has updated their website today.... the processing time is based on the time biometric was given... from their update, I should be expecting mine from 7th feb because i gave my biometrics on the 19th.......... :(
I still pray i will receive the visa earlier
All the best everybody

ajaysamuel
Newly Registered

Post by ajaysamuel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am

Hello Guys

I submitted my application on dec 14th
and i got my ack letter dated dec 20th
But i still havent got my biometric invitation yet and i called them on Jan 21 and spoke with them yet they havent sent me

I am the whole person having this problem

drchinky
Newly Registered

hello

Post by drchinky » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 am

can anyone plz tell me how can i post some additional documents after getting aknowlegment letter??? m so stressed!!!!

chidak

Post by chidak » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 am

@ajaysamuel. since you have called them, give them sometime, if you did not receive it then you will call again... You will surely get it.

@drchinky.. you can use the change of circumstance form to send additional information or document