ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my experience :( quite unfortunate.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjgul

my experience :( quite unfortunate.

Post by sjgul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:53 am

I filed my HSMP Over 28 on 02nd Feb,

claimed 95 points

25 Education : B.Tech in Electrnoics & M.E. in Computer Science from top Indian Universities.

25 Work Exp

25 Salary

10 spouse achievement.

Recieved only 50 : 25 Education + 25 Salary.

They refused points to me in Experience category stating unsufficent proof to satisy us that this is a graduate level job, also we doubt that letters for employers X, Y, Z have been taken independently.

I don't know what they mean as all these letters have been issued from my company HR Letter Pad by my respective HRs which are Brand Names in Corporate World whom I have worked with take no less then Masters Qualification (Leave apart UK Degree), which they always keep on talking time and again.

All my letters have mentioned this required a minimum of degree level qualification and is a graduate level job , along with my start and end date, along with start and end date of each and every designation along with roles and responsibilities.

I don't know what an individual can do in order to satisy HSMP Caseworkers who themselves (I feel) are undergraduate. They are not having any criteria/benchmark to evaluate a person's work experience and it is all the matter of satisying a foolish case worker.

This is my opinion, I will file a review, but have very few hopes in that as I found from this forum that reviews proceed very slow and success ratio is negligible.

I hope in review I get a caseworker who is in good mood to look at my file. Probably this case worker had a fight home back.

Regds,
sjgul.

Barbosa
Newly Registered

Post by Barbosa » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am

Dear, sjgul

Sad to know about what happened to you and wish you a better luck in the revision.

One doubt, do you know why they did not consider your partner achievements?
I´m submitting my process in 1 week from now and I need the point of partner´s achievement to get the minimum points.

Tks.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:09 pm

It is really unfortunate about your refusal.

Good luck with your review.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 pm

sigul,
I think it is self-defeating to assume that the case worker was in a bad mood and the review decision is dependent completely on your luck (getting the review case worker in a good mood etc). Give your application a thorough critical review. Try to figure out what more you can do to re-iterate your facts to get the points you want. Consolidate this information clearly and send to Home office.

Good Luck.
Mini