ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Myth or Reality

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silverTR
Norway

Myth or Reality

Post by silverTR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 am

Dear board members and seniors.
I had my visa and i d like to ask you about when to move..
As far as i check
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter6a/

and
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

I couldn't see what i needed.. My visa started from yesterday and should i really visit the UK in 28 days.. Guidelines says.. i shouldn't be away for 90 days per year.. and total 450 days for 5 years.
Where the 28 days comes from ? It will be very kind of you to show me some reference and clarifications ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 am

You are looking at the incorrect information.

Here is the correct link with the information about 28 days.

You can apply for ILR only up to 28 days before you become eligible.

Now, I'll give you two scenario's then you can work it out for yourself:

Person A travelled the day his visa was granted and got an extension (let's say 1 January 2001 to 31 December 2005 incl extension to make matters simple). He also travelled on 1 January 2001, which makes him eligible for ILR on 1 January 2006 (or 31 December 2005 not sure right now) - since he can apply 28 days before, he can apply on 3/4 December and still be fine and within the period of his visa.

Person B travelled two months after his was granted and also got an extension right when his visa was about to expire (visa valid from 1 January 2001 to 31 December 2005 incl extension). He travelled on 1 March 2001 which makde him eligible for ILR on 1 March 2006 (or 28 Feb 2006) - even if he applied 28 days earlier, his visa has still expired which would mean that he has to apply for a second extension.

Due to the 28 day rule for ILR, you need to plan things so that you don't need a second extension (it's not the end of the world based on current rules, but you don't know when they might change the rules and it also makes it a lot cheaper!!).

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 am

thank you very much for your explanation mulderpf..

Govt. is not trustful any more.. and i want to avoid second extension.
Best option for me to book plane ticket immediately .. Go and spend couple of days. and come back here to arrange stuffs.
than go back to the Uk before 90 days. sound sane enough :)