ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for couple on independent Tier 1 visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hursh
Newly Registered

ILR for couple on independent Tier 1 visa

Post by hursh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 am

Hi,

Me and my wife came to UK in April/2006. My wife was on Work Permit and I was her dependent. Later on in September 2006, I left the country and switched to work permit and then came back to UK.

Since then, both of us have switched onto our own Tier 1 visa, independent of each other, having continuous visa without any breaks.

Its been 5 years and my wife is due for ILR this April (April/2011). I am bit confused, being her spouse, whether I would be eligible for ILR as well? Does my switching onto Work Permit (from original dependent visa) and then onto Tier 1 affect my eligibility to apply for my ILR as her spouse?

The ILR form ( SET(O) ) asks details about dependents. Would I fill in my details over there as a dependent (even though I am on Tier 1) and apply for ILR for myself as well?

Thanks In Advance

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:41 am

unless you are on dependant visa you can not apply at same time as her. you need to either get your ILR when you qualify personally, or go out of country before april and become her dependent and then apply with her or once she gets her ilr apply for dependent of a settled person.

use search function before posting. this question has been covered by so many posts.