ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant visa (english requirement) South Africa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sleek082
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependant visa (english requirement) South Africa

Post by sleek082 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I got my visa and I want to apply for my wife. Does she need to pass any english language requirements? Has anyone from South Africa applied for a dependant visa and what docs did u send?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm

No need for English test. This is only for partners of people either settled in or already British citizens.

One of the things I picked up when applying for my partner's dependent visa is that they ask for details of employer (online form) and occupation and some other financial questions. In terms of occupation, when you click on the "question mark", it tells you that you have to supply them with documentary proof of their occupation. It's a bit weird and different to the manual form.

In terms of documents, we supplied the following:

* Passports
* Proof of our relationship (not married) - this constituted documents showing the same address for about the last 5 years, joint properties, our wills etc.
* Proof of occupation in the form of payslips (as I mentioned above - we just supplied it even though it's not in the guidance)
* A copy of my passport
* A copy of my visa
* Proof of funds
* Electronic application form printed and signed

ParanoidAndroid
Newly Registered

Post by ParanoidAndroid » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi,

The "Employment" questions came up when I did the electronic applications for my wife and child when, on the previous screen or a couple of screens before, I stated that she was unemployed. My interpretation of these questions is that they pertain to employment in the UK, not in South Africa.

I supplied the following:

* Passports (current and previous in the case of my wife since her name changed)
* Marriage certificates and City of Cape Town statements with both our names and physical address
* Birth certificates for both of them
* Proof of maintenance funds
* And lastly, a covering letter describing the above

sleek082
Newly Registered

Post by sleek082 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Thanks, good luck in the UK.