ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chance of Getting Job!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anida
Newly Registered

Chance of Getting Job!!

Post by Anida » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 (ICT) visa and have a valid visa for another 7 months and for sure it will get extend for another couple of years. I wish to take my family here on dependant visa. My husband has experiance around 8 years in C / C++ and Unix development. Please someboday clarify me few things.

>> Possibility of getting job with dependant visa in UK
>> If he gets some job is this possible to switch from Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 General.

Planning to take my family by next month. Really afraid to leave a reputed company job in India. Your reply would be really helpful.

Thanks.

freemind76

Re: Chance of Getting Job!!

Post by freemind76 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

Anida wrote:Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 (ICT) visa and have a valid visa for another 7 months and for sure it will get extend for another couple of years. I wish to take my family here on dependant visa. My husband has experiance around 8 years in C / C++ and Unix development. Please someboday clarify me few things.

>> If he gets some job is this possible to switch from Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 General.

Planning to take my family by next month. Really afraid to leave a reputed company job in India. Your reply would be really helpful.

Thanks.
Hi,
Your questions are little confusing. On Tier 2, you need a sponsoring employer. Do you have that ready? If not, I am not sure if the immigration officer will allow you the entry? Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.
For your husband, I guess he'll also need an employer to change his status.

Plan to come in UK with market situation right now, market is under pressure. You have to be on your toes to get any job. It is always demand and supply game. Less demand but huge supply of candidates.

kenfrapin

Re: Chance of Getting Job!!

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Anida wrote:Hi All,

Dependant visa will not be a problem but the issue will be length of visa. Most employers are ok employing dependant visa holders but the visa must be valid for atleast 12months at the time they join them else it makes no point for the company to hire a person who is on such a short dependant visa. Given the tough market conditions it is fair to say that dependants may find it difficult because given a choice, any company will take a Tier 1 or PR holder over a dependant. But your husband can definitely try for contracting roles for 3 to 6 months - more money and less hassle anyways :-)

Regarding visa change - If he gets a job and works on any pay, there is no concept of changing to Tier 2 general - there is nothing like that!
Tier 2 stands for 'sponsored' workers so the only change your hubby can do is move to Tier 1 Skilled Visa provided he meets all its requirements at the time he applies for it.

To freemind76 - No concept of immigration officer asking anything because there is no Tier 2 general visa without a sponsor. The husband can travel N number of times to and from UK as long as his main visa holder, in this case the wife, is legally living and working in the UK

KP

teknikalty
Newly Registered

Post by teknikalty » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Better to stay in India... I think you already wasted your visa fees. If you have a nice position there, why think of this hell... anyway, you decide your life...

as someone above said... supply is 10 times more than demand... go to reed.co.uk and see how many apply for a single job.. sometimes it is like 1 job 40 - 50 applicants... so thats the state of job hunt here.