ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension application sent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

HSMP Extension application sent

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi,

Today, I sent my application for HSMP extension. My intial visa was expiring on 7th April' 2006 so nearly six weeks before.

Documents sent:

1) Cover Letter
2) Xerox Copy of initial HSMP approval letter
3) FLR(IED)Form
4) Passports
5) Photographs
6) Salary slips (April - Feb) (Me and my wife's)
7) Bank Statements (March - January)
8 ) Employer reference letter saying that I am working with them since october'04 and earning £35700
9) Employer letter stating increase in salary from January'06
10) Marriage certificate
11) Self addressed special delivery envelope

I have two questions:

1) What is time taken by home office for FLR-IED application these days?

2) What are the chances of my HSMP extension?

Thanks,
Indian_in_uk
Last edited by indian_in_uk on Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:51 pm

1) What is time taken by home office for FLR-IED application these days?
a week to 10 days
What are the chances of my HSMP extension?
By the looks of your evidence, 100%

b007
Newly Registered

Post by b007 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi,
I have a doubt here. I'm also going for extension shortly. Is it mandatory to get a letter from employer stating that you are still working for them or just send the initial offer letter + salary slips + bank statements ? Andlalso could you let me know about covering letter ? what should I write?

Cheers,
Ram

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:13 pm

bram007 wrote:Hi,
I have a doubt here. I'm also going for extension shortly. Is it mandatory to get a letter from employer stating that you are still working for them or just send the initial offer letter + salary slips + bank statements ? Andlalso could you let me know about covering letter ? what should I write?

Cheers,
Ram
Not really, its not mandatory. There is a compulsory checklist of documents in the FLR(IED) application itself. A covering letter that shows your intent to apply for an extension and outlines the documents you are submitting should be sufficient. If you want to bring the case worker's attention to some point, you could also do that here.