ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Supporting documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gtrivedi
Newly Registered

ILR Supporting documents

Post by gtrivedi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:37 am

Hi I'm new here. My stay in UK has been like this:

I have been in uk since 25 April, 2005. I arrived in UK back then on a Work Permit from the employer I was working for. Then I changed my work permit to HSMP and then as an extension I got Tier-1 General.
So I've had a combination of different types of Work Permits.

I would like now to apply for ILR but I find that I have lost 3 of my P60's somwhere. I have looked everywhere and I can't find them. I was economically active during last 5 years (and even now). I worked for a total of 4 different employers and also did some contract work for short period after I got my HSMP.

Now since I don't have P60, Am I not eligible for applying for ILR? Also it really makes no sense that when I was granted HSMP and TIER-1 General, the UK Border and Immigration agency did see that I was economically active. What do I have to prove it again?

Can the last 5 years bank statements be used for proving that I was getting paid from employer?

Please help because I really want to apply for ILR.

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 am

There are a number of things you can do

- Ask for a letter from your employer to confirm dates of your employment
- Provide payslips
- Ask HM Revenue and Customs for confirmation of your earnings over the relevent years
- If you have submitted P60s with your previous applications ask for disclosure of file from UKBA under the Data Protection Act as there should be copies on your file

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 pm

search for "P60" on this forum. you will see a lot of threads from people without P60s.

no need to panic. its very easy. you just need two things:

1- if you have worked for sample employer just get a letter from then stating your employment start date (along with salary and that you are required for future)

2- just call HMRC and ask for last 5 years tax history. they will send a letter in 7-10 days showing your total declared income for each year and tax paid. this is sufficient.

if you cant get no 1 just get no 2 above. For tier 1 employer letter is not mandatory, but it helps. howevr your payslips should prove your current employment.

gtrivedi
Newly Registered

Post by gtrivedi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi xyz123,

Thanks for your reply. This form "tax history". Do I also need something similar for NI contribution? or is that like a standard letter where they include everything like PAYE number, yearly earnings, tax paid, NI contribution etc?

Appreciate if you can let me know this. Just so I call and ask for the right letter.