ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance on ILR with gaps

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Want_ILR
Newly Registered

Guidance on ILR with gaps

Post by Want_ILR » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 am

Hi,

I am in WP for 4 years with the same employer. I had a gap of 8 months and 20 days afer 1 year of initial stay in the UK. I had to work at my country for Business reasons.

Please advice me whether I can get ILR ?

Do I need to provide evidence to support that my stay at my home country is for business reason or any other evidence ?

Should I approach professional services like workpermit.com to assist me ?

Also, I receive allowance rather than salary. I get my salary in my home office. I understand that pay slips may be required for obtaining ILR. However I have bank statements to support this. I beleive that this will be acceptable.

This may raise a doubt whether my workpermit is MWEP. I beleive it is not. Though my work permit was extended(the first WP was for 2 years), I am staying with my family and they have entered the UK as dependents. Infact my wife worked for sometime and she could get NI number from the InlandRevenue. So, I beleive that my workpermit is not MWEP.

In that case my stay can be considered for ILR. I checked my workpermit. It does not mention 'multiple entry' anywhere. However, in the visa, it is mentioned as MULTI. I beleive that MWEP is different from MULTI (visa).

I will be able to produce the following documents for ILR: Letter from the Employer, Bank statments (NOT payslips), Council tax letters, Rent agreements, other utility bills.

Please advice me.

Thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:36 pm

If the apply the rule "Period of Absence for ILR of Six Weeks" a year then you will not have the problem but if they apply "Period of Absence for ILR Six Weeks for 90 Days2 a year, then you will probaly have a problem.

Have alook in the following discussion
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=4637

REgards
Pantaiema

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:27 pm

This sticky, helpfully posted by penanglad before Christmas is very helpful.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....