ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary leave and benefits help please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slickjay
Newly Registered

discretionary leave and benefits help please

Post by slickjay » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:23 am

i am applying for discretionary leave on the basis i am supported by family all these years but i am now 21 and claiming jsa and claimed crisis loan in the past will this affect my application a great deal as i've been in the country for 11yrs and worked briefly for 6months or will they overlook as i havent claimed anymore than £3000??

raam123
Newly Registered

Re: discretionary leave and benefits help please

Post by raam123 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 am

slickjay wrote:i am applying for discretionary leave on the basis i am supported by family all these years but i am now 21 and claiming jsa and claimed crisis loan in the past will this affect my application a great deal as i've been in the country for 11yrs and worked briefly for 6months or will they overlook as i havent claimed anymore than £3000??

am not sure

but wt i think is it should not affect it in a bad way as far as i know. when you apply for discretionary leave as supported by ur family do u mean that you have a severe health problem which need medical help that you cannt find it in ur home country? other thing do u have most of your family here as british citizens?

bec i know with discretionary leave the home office issue it outside the immigration rules mainly under Article 8 and Article 3 (family relation and medical issues).

Other thing is wt is ur current status in UK at the moment