ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newbie has a problem

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Who me?
Newly Registered

Newbie has a problem

Post by Who me? » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Hope I've put this in the right forum?

My partner has been here since 2006, came on a six month visa, so is now here illegally.

We are engaged, and looking to get married, but the problem is that now my partner wants to claim asylum as he thinks that to apply for and be granted a coa will take to long(their passport expires in May)

I believe that he won't be able to claim asylum, and feel that we should go down the coa route instead.

I am currently unemployed, and he thinks that even if the coa is granted, we won't be successfull with getting a spousal visa as I have no income coming in.

What do people think, is to claim asylum after being here illegally for so long a good idea?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 pm

to claim asylum after 6 years overstaying is sure to be rejected

Who me?
Newly Registered

Post by Who me? » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

mochyn wrote:to claim asylum after 6 years overstaying is sure to be rejected
Do you think so?

If he did apply, and it was refused,what would happen?

Am getting so worried.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 am

What nationality is he?